To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Solutions Engineering Intern
Primary Location: Staines, Surrey
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Duration: 1 year
Start date: July 2021
This is a great opportunity to work at one of the largest and most influential software companies in the world. VMware, a global leader in cloud technologies and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments.
The Solution Engineering (Pre-sales) team helps customers transform their businesses with industry-leading solutions and is involved in all technical aspects of customer engagement: from initially introducing new concepts and ideas to a customer, to presenting and demonstrating VMware technologies and helping to design solutions that meets the customer needs. Through close collaboration with Sales and Professional Services, the Solution Engineering team builds long term customer relationships, ensuring success in their adoption of VMware Solutions.
As a Solution Engineering (SE) Intern you be joining a highly motivated, diverse and welcoming team within the VMware family. You will get the opportunity to work with an unmatched portfolio of technologies, assisting customers and partners meet the key challenges facing their business today.
You will receive substantial guidance and mentoring helping you develop your analytical, creative and communication skills in a fast-paced technology environment.
Once onboarded, the core role will be focused on providing demonstration, positioning and marketing support to the extended Sales and Solution Engineering teams. Specifically, we need you to develop case studies and alternative demonstrations for our solutions. You will have the opportunity to create new content, produce new marketing material and develop new methods of representing the value we can bring to our customers;
- Develop scenario-based solution demonstrations based upon real world examples
- Create new whiteboard presentations and content with a focus on storytelling
- Create new marketing material centred on the different personas e.g. a poster presenting ‘a day in the life of’ a Nurse; demonstrating the betterment our solutions bring to their role and positive impact to their patients
- Potentially focused around digital workspace usage in health and education
In addition to your main responsibilities, VMware has a very active Intern community offering an excellent peer support network and the prospect to be involved in organising charity events, knowledge sharing and learning opportunities.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn VMware product set and describe key features and benefits
- Develop (and potentially deliver) onsite and remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Assist with the training of sales and VMware Partner personnel
- Craft newsletters, infographics, and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Research and provide analysis on emerging technology trends surrounding technology, application development, and Cloud Computing
- Assist with Solution Engineering organization projects, as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similarly related technical or numeracy-based degree
- A persistent, self-starter with a track record of success in your academic career to date
- A practical, problem-solver who possesses strong business and technical acumen, confidence, and maturity.
- Eagerness to always be learning, with a passion for technology
- A great teammate who works with integrity to succeed in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic communication manner, excellent listening, interpersonal and writing skills
- IT experience or software development abilities beneficial
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-28
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010917