Quality Engineer, Boomi
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Quality Engineer, Dell Boomi
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Quality Engineer on our Flow Software Engineering team in Exeter, UK.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
What you’ll achieve
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced QA Engineer to work within our exciting R&D team. The role is based in our Exeter office and is a full-time, permanent position.
- Continuously develop and improve our test automation suite and be able to implement changes effectively; functional & non-functional testing of mobile, tablet, web & desktop-based applications; deliver working solutions that meet customer requirements and expectations by providing fast feedback and defect prevention.
- Ensure an SQA plan is in place and perform SQA activities (including checkpoints, change management and technical reviews) to ensure that products satisfy customer requirements in a systematic, reliable fashion; support SQA by ensuring various levels of testing are performed during development, including (but not limited to) unit, component, system and regression testing.
- Working with Software Developers and project support teams to improve defect prevention by defining acceptance criteria on user stories and testing requirements of each application and to ensure sufficient consideration is given in estimations to testing and SQA activities.
- Executing test scripts within provided timescales; producing and maintaining test results and scripts. Preparation and maintenance of test datasets.
- Planning and organising own daily system testing activities, working with Product Owners, Developers and Business Analysts.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Good understanding of SDLC and DevOps/Agile methodologies; Proven experience working in an Agile environment and understanding of Agile project management approaches such as DSDM and Scrum.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to support and drive progress is essential, whilst experience working on multiple projects at one time also important. Proven experience of white and black box testing techniques, providing constructive feedback to project and development teams.
- Must be familiar with commercial software release processes and be able to demonstrate experience from previous roles.
- Previous experience using Azure DevOps & Boards or similar; Automation testing using tools like Selenium, Ranorex etc; End-to-End test management tools like Zephyr, Ranorex, Newman, Protractor to write/maintain automated web-based tests.
- Understanding of web & mobile technologies; Basic SQL skills to test data / migration data; Ability to write test scripts.
- ISTQB qualified
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: Monday 7th Dec 2020
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R076210