Senior C# .Net Software Engineer Boomi
- Exeter, United Kingdom
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior C# .Net Software Engineer, Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi, a business unit of Dell, is the first and only integration solution built in the cloud, to fully exploit the value of the cloud. Organizations of all sizes—from small businesses to the largest global enterprises—trust Dell Boomi to quickly connect any combination of cloud and on-premise applications. Leading SaaS players and enterprise customers such as salesforce.com, NetSuite, Taleo, oneworld, AAA, and NASDAQ rely on Dell Boomi to accelerate time to market, increase sales, and eliminate the headaches associated with integration. For more information about Boomi, visit http://www.boomi.com/.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to develop Flow, a low code application development platform. Flow is a low code application development toolchain and runtime, and part of the Boomi iPaaS ecosystem. The team is based in Exeter, UK but the role can be fully remote.
Our Software Engineers create solutions. As part of the team, you will analyse the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment to design technical system answers. As part of the Boomi Flow Engineering Development team you will:
- Be responsible for qualification, specification, design and implementation of functional and feature extensions to the Flow low code application.
- Expected to be a natural technical leader, and innovate with demonstrable and industry proven capabilities, specifically in the integration domain space.
- Work closely with other team members to deliver architectural design, implementation strategies, coupled with the ability to deliver and develop both code and tests, whilst coordinating work closely with QA, and TechOps who are responsible for CI, and CD respectively.
- Be responsible for constructing your development, diagnostic and debugging tool chain, enabling you to work across the whole application to reproduce, diagnose and rectify errors, and defects. Quality and Pragmatism, are two of your strongest features, in your approach to software development.
- Be a natural collaborator, willing to contribute across the application domain, and to leverage your expertise of cloud-native systemic architecture to the benefit of the team.
Along with industry proven experience working with C# and .Net developing scalable cloud-native systemic applications, Web Services, and Low code development applications, you will have the following skills:
- Solid knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities.
- Ability to code/debug more complex programs using either written or verbal design specifications.
- Ability to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience.
- C#, .Net, Java. SQL ( Preferably Postgres) RESTful APi, JSON, gRPC, XML Linux/Unix, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Git HTML, CSS, JS.
- Agile methodologies, strong system design skills, able to help with system design.
- Industry proven experience and expertise in the development of integration technologies, and low code visual development applications, and / or RAD ( Rapid Application Development ) tools, and frameworks.
- Scalable SOA and leading edge API first systems experience, aswell as hands-on experience of cloud systems design, development and administration.
- TechOps contextual Go, Bash, Python, Rust Ansible / Chef / Puppet Redis, RabbitMQ, React,Vue.js, Angular or other Browser SPA Frameworks Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins CI
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: Sunday 6th September 2020
Flexible Working: ask the Talent Acquisition team about how we can make your work/life balance easier
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"LI PRIORITY" "LIPRIORITY" LIPRIORITY
quiJob Family: Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R068297
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Exeter Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.