SaaS Security Product Owner
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Additional Location(s): Fairfield, Connecticut
SaaS Security Product Owner
Location: Remote - US
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
We are seeking a Subject Matter Expert in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technologies to join our Cybersecurity Engineering team as a Product Owner for Software as a Service (SaaS) Security. This individual will be the main point of contact and lead for multiple SaaS security initiatives. S/he will be responsible and accountable for the definition, roadmap, launch, communication and success KPIs of these programs.
As a Cybersecurity Engineering Product Owner, you must be customer-focused to understand customers’ pain points/feedback with the ability to translate them into engineering requirements, prioritize the team backlog and streamline the execution of program priorities.
- Collaborate with engineering team, product owners and product managers to maximize the value produced by the team; and work closely with the Scrum Master to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog to ensure incremental delivery of features
- Regularly interact with internal customers, stakeholders, and product management to ensure alignment of stories to feature requirements
- Create clear requirements (e.g. user stories) based upon in-depth knowledge of technological capabilities and business needs
- Work closely with engineering teams to negotiate on the technical implementation options and make decisions based on the customer and business needs
- Work in collaborative team environment utilizing Agile development methodologies, mentoring teammates, and learning cross-functional skills to support a range of technologies as a product offering
- Utilize meaningful KPIs and metrics to articulate progress made and impact on the customers; plan for capturing and reporting success metrics from the beginning
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience with data loss prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technologies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IT systems, domains, enterprise applications, DNS, and networking
- Hands-on experience securing Azure Active Directory and Office 365
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to understand business impact and derive business insights
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Agile methodology experience
- Experience as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Product Manager or similar role
- Experience with Azure DevOps/Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other workflow management systems
- Experience with Netskope, Microsoft Cloud App Security, and Azure Information Protection
- Experience securing SaaS applications would be helpful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels
- Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction Ability to prioritize projects, tasks and deliverables and manage dynamic priorities
- Be comfortable translating business requirements into technical using the knowledge of technology
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally to gather business requirements, track and measure against goals, objectives or KPIs
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R069525