To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
AT&T Global Solutions Consultant - Telco / CSP
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas
Additional Location(s): Dallas, Texas
The Solutions Consultant for Communications Service Provider Global Accounts is the presales technical strategy leader and primary interface to CTO, technologist, architecture, development, and product decision-makers for our first-tier service provider and carrier customers.
In this capacity you will coordinate the efforts of supporting product and BU specialist teams working in the account, and lead the development, presentation, and positioning of multi-product solutions for customers in the vertical industry.
- You will present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for VMware products
- You will drive the adoption and usage of VMware products within strategic Service Provider accounts
- You will provide technical leadership and business pre-sales support for strategic opportunities involving the VMware core K8s, OpenStack, NFV, SDDC, SDN, SD-WAN, SDS, IoT, security, and mobile / device client solution sets
- You will act as the advocate in driving the customer agenda engaging with internal entities at VMware, including leadership, product, engineering, marketing and R&D groups
- You will maintain a significant base of technical and business knowledge in industry trends, relevant standards, trade associations, industry consortia, etc.
- You will develop and grow working knowledge of applicable competitor products and offerings
- You will actively participate in regular professional development, training, and certification activities that are relevant to your job role
- You will provide consultative support and collaboration on factory driven development programs, working with product, marketing, support or training organizations representing the voice and point of view of the customer
- You take action to secure and maintain positive satisfaction ratings from your direct customer contacts
- You will have 8-10 years of experience in the industry with a major portion selling to or working directly for companies in the communications, media and entertainment sector(s) in a technical, engineering, or development capacity
- You have pertinent professional credentials in the field, such as undergraduate and / or graduate degrees or equivalent, professional certifications, etc.
- You will have direct knowledge of and exposure to the technologies, architectures, and products used throughout the networks and operational environment of communications and media service providers
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter with a friendly demeanor, and the desire / ability to work effectively within a team comprised of a range of personality types, backgrounds, and skill sets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required along with excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable
- You are self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- You have strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop solutions to tackle those challenges
- You can demonstrate a history of embracing the EPIC2 values of VMware (https://www.vmware.com/radius/vmwares-culture-built-epic2-values/ ) and are prepared to lead by example in upholding the positive culture and workplace environment that has made VMware a destination employer
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2005384