Sr DPS Presales Engineer - Commercial Remote MichiganFarmington Hills, Michigan, Remote - Michigan, United States 02/11/2020
Do you like to win? Our Dell Technologies team is a powerful team offering a simplified technology sales strategy. With the ability to sell a suite of IT solutions from one company, you can offer a full customized package to your clients without barriers. The interconnectivity between all of Dell Technologies will enable not only your sales growth but career growth as well. If you are at the height of your sales career and want to find a place that will offer stability and tenure then, “Think Dell!”
Have experience in the Data Protection or Storage business and curious about Presales? Let us show you what a career in tech sales is like. Apply today to learn more.
Key Responsibilities/General Summary
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration
- Makes technical and sales presentations to technical staff and top management
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4-7 + yrs. of enterprise sales engineering management experience, be a self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach
- Strong understanding in back-up recovery products/solutions required, either from the Dell EMC Portfolio (DD, Avamar, Networker, RecoverPoint, etc.) or competitor product lines
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Sales Sales-Engineer Remote Pre-Sales Job ID: R058735