Senior Advisor Legal Counsel- Dell Financial Services, France & Spain
Primary Location: Paris, France
Senior Advisor, Legal Counsel- Dell Financial Services, France and Spain
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Legal Counsel for our Dell Financial Services (DFS) team in Dublin.
Dell Bank International d.a.c. (DFS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dell Technologies Inc. and is the captive finance arm of Dell Group. It is a licensed bank regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. DFS provides leasing and financial services throughout EMEA and offers a full range of life-cycle management services including acquisition, management and disposition of IT equipment and software. DFS is a fast growing business and is focused on providing flexible and innovative financial solutions to customers of Dell Group in EMEA.
DFS is recruiting a legal counsel to join their expanding legal team. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Legal. This position will involve negotiating transactions and advising on regulatory changes and new business development projects in EMEA.
- Review and negotiate local and global finance contracts (leases, loans, sale and leaseback agreements) and ancillary documents (guarantees, letters of comfort, escrow arrangements);
- Leverage and review DFS template documents;
- Negotiate assignment and other financial structures with third parties (including funders);
- Manage referral relationships with third party funders;
- Advise on regulatory and legal changes and advising business on impact of same;
- Provide support, guidance and training to departments including sales, credit, pricing and asset management on the structure of transactions;
- Create, update and amend templates and customer guides to meet business and internal legal requirements;
- Liaise and manage internal and external counsel in multiple jurisdictions where necessary;
- Negotiate agreements with third party vendors;
- Review of marketing and advertising material;
- Continuously focus on developing and improving more efficient and effective processes.
- A third level degree
- Qualified solicitor in Ireland, UK or equivalent in civil law jurisdiction
(i) Native French or Spanish speaker (ii) proficient in English and (ii) possess a level of proficiency in German, French or Spanish where French/Spanish is not native language
- 3+ pqe of commercial law experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department with emphasis on high value commercial transactions
- Ability to understand complex regulations and laws and to communicate effectively
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial focus and business acumen required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results working to tight deadlines and showing good commercial judgment
- Proven track record in financial services/leasing and Regulatory experience
- High energy and positive attitude; Strategic and creative thinker
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to meet deadlines; Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision
- Ability to work seamlessly across multiple organisations across Dell
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to practice at the heart of a game-changing business with global reach, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: Taking applications today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job ID: R104939