South Asia Medium Business Online Business ManagerPenang, Malaysia 10/02/2019
South Asia Medium Business Online Business Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SA Medium Business Online Business Manager on our Commercial Online team in Penang.
We put the same vision into optimizing the online user experience as we do in creating game-changing products. This is where our E-Business professionals come into their own. They are industry experts on emerging technology. They manage the development, implementation and coordination of cutting-edge internet marketing strategies while driving merchandising product placement, pathing, promotion and content to optimize conversion and consideration. The team also leads on campaign management, product launch, online merchandising and end-to-end conversion.
The Online Business Manager is an essential resource delivering the platform and service to customers and internal stakeholders. The role will blend Global customer accounts and local/regional Medium Business teams within the business.
The Online Business Manager is responsible for driving customer online adoption, maintaining and improving superior online customer experience and supporting Dell sales organization to find best online solutions, across all business verticals within Dell’s South Asia Business Unit. This position requires driving specific online initiatives through professional program/project management. The role also entails working jointly with Dell internal teams and Dell's senior leadership to maintain high customer online experience and communicating key programs
The Online Business manager must be proficient at handling multiple tasks/projects and successfully collaborate with the different support organizations, including: Sales, Business Operation, Sales Operation, Finance and IT.
Above all, the Online Business Manager must proactively take ownership of the assigned online business segment and drive for results. The Online Business Manager will promote and work dynamically to drive online activities that will continuously increase online growth and premium to offline business.
- Analyses customer needs to determine the appropriate e-business solution.
- Develops plans and schedules based on prioritization including requirements, tasks, review points and reporting.
- Serves as a liaison between the customer and company’s IT team and other core business partners for e-business solutions.
- Delivers and maintains a superior online customer experience.
- Defines Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for online.
- Measures and manages activities against key KPI’s. Delivers programs to meet core financial goals.
- Applies deep understanding of emerging online demand generation programs and strategies to increase revenues and enhance the customer experience.
- Identifies and recommends future architectural and technology enhancements to drive a world-class eCommerce site.
- Represents commercial, marketing, and merchandising point of view to identify new business/content opportunities and effectiveness of programs.
- Applies deep understanding of emerging online demand generation programs focused on affiliate marketing, shopper channels and email marketing.
- Works with the development team for implementation and testing of all new functions/features.
- Forms online content partnerships, measures web usage/trends and manages partner and vendor relationships as required.
- Develops internal processes, governance and work-flow to best serve all stakeholders end-to-end through the quote to order life-cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least eight years of professional experience in a related field.
- Outstanding eCommerce background, living and breathing online
- Strong customer and business-facing communication skills are required along with heavy emphasis on project analysis, problem-solving, project management, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Sales experience
- Strong English communication skills mandatory
- Calm, methodical and detail oriented
- Persuasive, astute and always available to go the extra mile
- Training and coaching experience a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Competencies in Online tools
- Ability to understand the Strategic positioning of Online (E-Dell) in Dell and able to translate it in the job
- Strong team player
- At ease with both Senior Management and Customers, with ability to engage multi-level relationships across all business stakeholders
- Posses a structured business approach
- Pro-active and creative mind set
- Strong knowledge of e-Business technologies, process definition, and escalation management.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Experience working with an international client base and with remote and virtual teams is preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to troubleshoot complex set up
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the knowledge of emerging technologies to influence global e-commerce programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Digital-&-Web Job ID: R036554
Related Job Opportunities
- South Asia Medium Business GIA B2B George Town, Malaysia