Senior Consultant, Infrastructure Platform Engineering Strategic Business DevelopmentRemote - Georgia, United States 02/12/2020
Senior Consultant, IPE Strategic Business Development
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Chief Strategist on our Infrastructure Platform Engineering team in Austin.
Game-changing technology projects need expert project managers to drive them – and that’s where our Project Program Management IT team comes into its own. We lead all aspects of IT project, program and portfolio activity and collaborate across all areas of the company to get results for our customers that exceed their expectations. Focused on completing projects and programs on time, within scope and budget, we define the project value proposition, manage resources, guide project team members and keep leaders updated on the project status and risk factors.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Infrastructure Platform Engineering.The role will include driving the vision, strategy, organizational transformation for the delivery of cloud technologies at Dell Digital. You will have led transformation in a complex environment, with a track record for turning decisions into action. As Dell is leading in the Digital Transformation and IT Transformation industry, this is a very high profile position within the company. You must be an industry thought leader, with skills to interact with the most senior executives at Dell. The right candidate will have the capability of developing and managing significant initiatives to transform the organization to a software driven methodology using infrastructure as code.This role provides the opportunity to grow personally and professionally working side by side with strong leadership and peers, hands-on learning with cutting edge technologies.
- Developing inclusive strategic plan and execution strategy by collaborating with leadership team.
- Collaborating with leadership to develop/maintain a budget plan in line with the organizational strategy.
- Identifying strategic risks.
- Collaborating with leadership, peers, team members and consultants to execute strategies.
- Ensuring suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress.
- Monitoring execution of business initiatives.
- 10+ years of related experience in data center and cloud engineering and operations services.
- Broad technical experience with system/server administration, engineering, storage, networking, security within the public and private cloud/DC environment. Solid understanding of how the evolution of the technology is fundamentally shifting how IT operates.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code approach to building and managing infrastructure
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work across the executive levels, build relationships and gain support for the infrastructure technology roadmap.
Experience leveraging a large organization with a solid understanding of budgeting, setting priorities, driving project delivery, resourcing, service levels, security and compliance and all operational aspects of this role.
Experience driving organization transformation efforts and making swift decisions to deliver optimized outcomes.
Develops, monitors, forecasts, and controls (with leadership the finance team) Cloud Infrastructure Engineering function for both steady state and roadmap efforts. Identifies optimization/efficiency opportunities to reduce cost annually.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a globally distributed, cross-technology organization consisting of internal and external staff. Working with leadership to set strategic direction, planning/execution, establishing/maintaining processes, SLA’s, vendor performance/SLA management, incident escalation, and communications.
- 10+ years hands-on Public/Private Cloud and/or Data Center (physical and virtual computing systems) Engineering, management, and support experience (architecture, design, build, administrative level configurations, performance monitoring/tuning, script automation security/user access, system health, issue tracking, and reporting).
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can keep groundbreaking projects on track, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R057762