Associate Systems Engineer, BoomiGlasgow, United Kingdom 02/09/2019
Associate Systems Engineer, Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Associate Systems Engineer on our Boomi team in Glasgow.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- Defines the overall Dell Boomi Unified Platform solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis & Provides project scoping.
- Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities; Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- At this level, supports moderately complex accounts: gains access and manages relationships with customer technical staff and Help Desk functions
- Assesses and verifies approach/method to selling enterprise/client products and services and verifies operability of product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Articulates characteristics of the customer’s current environment
- Understands, analyzes and applies industry and market knowledge, understands the competition
- Understands and articulates third-party and/or Channel’s role to create and position Dell solution
- Seeks counsel from other sales engineers, leaders, or cross-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach/application
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding; presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve desired results/meet customer needs
- Able to explain where enterprise/client products and services fit into customer’s IT structure
- Has strong knowledge of our business model and can articulate the impact and advantages to the customer
- Has fact-based industry knowledge
- Related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
"LI PRIORITY" "LIPRIORITY LI PRIORITY
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R86573
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisory Systems Engineer Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.