Primary Location: Guangzhou, China
Principal Solutions engineer
When our customers are looking for consultative IT expertise, where else would they turn but to the company driving human progress through technology? Our Solutions Architecture team within Professional Services are specialists in package customization and integration as well as total, end-to-end solutions in targeted industry segments. After detailed consultation with our customers and careful analysis, we develop new IT systems or replace existing systems that support customers’ strategic, operational and financial goals.
Join us as a Principal Solutions engineer on our Service solutions team in Guangzhou to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will take the technical lead during pre-sales engagement, using a consultative approach towards the customer to fully understand their overall business goals. From there, you will translate the client’s business requirements into specific systems or applications for complex technology solutions.
- Steer the pre-sales qualification process and deliver the architectural design, strategy and plan
- Develop and cultivate strong customer relationships, in order to identify additional opportunities with current accounts
- Guide project quality assurance activities and possibly supervise staff on large projects where a high number of technical staff are involved, including training or on-the-job mentoring
- Have deep, extensive knowledge of Dell Technologies products, integration capabilities and related environments, keeping up to date with the latest industry developments
- Contribute to the preparation of multiple white papers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8 to 12 years of related experience in a professional role
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to document processes for the customer
- Strong customer communication skills
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Project Management concepts and methodologies
- junior college degree or above
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30-Apr-2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R086445