To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Application Developer, SAP ABAP - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia,
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware’s IT organization to be truly cutting edge. SAP ABAP Developer will be responsible for analysis, design, and development of SAP solutions, interfaces and enhancements. Excellent technical development skills are required in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Using VMware established IT standards, processes and methodologies, you will:
- Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for SAP ECC customization, features and integrations.
- Design and develop customization, enhancements, and services based on business requirements.
- Write and execute unit tests cases for the developed functionalities.
- Research and propose innovative technical solutions to solve business and system challenges.
- Follow VMware frameworks and processes for smooth development and implementation of solutions.
• 6-10 years of full-time work experience in SAP ABAP Programming.
• Strong Experience in Object Oriented ABAP, Reports, BADI’s, User-Exits.
• Strong experience in Interfaces (BAPI, IDOC, Proxy)
• ABAP HANA Programming experience.
• Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
• Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
• Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
• Transform Functional requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
• Be willing to learn about existing (legacy) IT platforms as well as new market offerings (SaaS) in this domain.
• Proficiency in writing TDS for RICEFW.
• Proficiency in troubleshooting issues and assisting in bug-fixes in SAP.
• Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment
• Strong communication skills
• Strong data interpretation skills
• Understanding of API/Microservices based architecture is a strong plus; Netweaver Gateway, Fiori experience preferred.
• Familiarity / Experience with SaaS offerings like Concur, Coupa and Fieldglass, is a plus.
• Strong functional knowledge of SAP FICO and SAP MM.
• Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
• Strong social skills and experience in engaging senior leadership and IT Teams.
• SAP Certification preferred.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009067