Linux/Storage Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia
We are seeking a Cloud Site Reliability EngineerIIto join our cloud operations team. As a Cloud Site Reliability EngineerIIyou work as part of a team that provides operational support for systems, services, and requirements in cloud infrastructure environmentswith a focus on Storage as a Service.To be successful you will need a strong technical orientation; be a creative problem solver; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in aservice-orientedteam.
Required Knowledge and Competencies
-Bachelor orMaster Degreepreferably in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
-Relevant Technology Certificates (VMware, Cisco, Linux and EMC) are a plus
-VMware Certified Professional(VCP)is a plus
Special Technical Knowledge/Skills:
2+ year of experiencebuilding/operatingofproduction systems
Experience with VMWare vSphere v4.x/v5.x/v6.x/v7.xis a plus
Experience with Linux operating systems
Experience with storage and network support.
Knowledge of data storage protocols including CIFS,HTTP/S,iSCSI, NFSandS3.
Knowledge of DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, Linux Account Management a plus
Knowledge ofVMware NSXis a plus
Some experience with scripting or automation languages (bash/perl/python/powercli/ruby/go)
Familiar with Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Ability to handle periodic on-call duty
Basicknowledge of network protocols and algorithms
Good knowledge of container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
Other skills and qualifications:
- Document concise pre-deployment and post-deployment plans and review with team for all configuration changes
-Makerecommendations based on knowledge and research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including documentation
- Demonstrate ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards related to network, storage and cloud management
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Operate expansive production cloud environments requiring 24/7 accessibility
- Ability to use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data
-Implements solutions for well-defined technical problems with limited ambiguity
-Takes guidance to complete project goals under general supervision
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
-Provide feedback through documented recommendations for the design and implementation of existing solutions
- Perform performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, continual improvement and capacity planning of productionStorage Environments.
- Participate in programs to deploy pre-GA products/codes in production and provide direct feedback to productdevelopment teams
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, defects and improving overall performance
- Perform tasks that are often unstructured and address issues that are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Deploy and maintain network, storage and server infrastructure for aproduction cloud environmentsthat requires 24/7 accessibility.
- Leverage automation framework to improve processes, automate deployment, and improve manageability of environment.
-Develop and execute automated teststo validate solutions and environments
-Followproper testing and validation of release that go from development to staging to production environments.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis and implement fixes to ensure availability SLAs are met
-Strictly follows theapplicable processes including but not limited tochange ,Incident and Problem Managementwhen working with the production environment.
-Manageworkticket queues: input, update and close tickets as work is completed
-Works on other technical projects as required
Leadership and Collaboration:
Can lead apart ofprojectand work with other team members
Drives improvements to the organization's tools and processes.
Is customer oriented
Identifies issues and critically evaluates implications of ideas or solutions
Works collaboratively across other teams
Building Leadership skills (active listening, motivation, mentoring, delegation
Constant demonstration of proactive attitude
Adhere to established company policies
Professional Growth and Development
Develop professional skills relevant to job position
Standard evaluation of performance will take placeregularly throughout the year.The Manager, Cloud operationsis responsible for giving regular feedback during the period.
Communicates effectively; Interprets adequately policy, procedures and data; Maintains emotional control under stress
Makes decisionsassessing all relevant factors
Responsive to the demands of colleagues andsupervisors; Open to feedback
Keep Company and client’s information confidential
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100328