Primary Location: Heredia
As the Financial Analyst in the Business Unit finance team, you will support the finance manager and the business partners in VMware’s Products Division. You will provide financial advice, planning, and analysis to the business partner and his/her staff that helps the business meet or exceed goals. Analysis and review monthly forecast and actuals and yearly planning for this business unit.
Job Role and Responsibilities
As the Financial Analyst at VMware, you will work alongside the business partners in VMware’s Cloud Services Division. You will provide financial advice, planning, and analysis to the business partner and his/her staff that helps the business meet or exceed goals. You will maintain adherence to budget by managing the analysis and review of monthly forecast and actuals as well as yearly planning for your business unit.
The role will have strong analytical components, such as variance analysis, headcount, spend and revenue analysis, providing timely and accurate financial support and information to your business partners and presenting solutions to on-demand questions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day financial support.
- Maintain and improve spending reporting trackers for better support and control of actuals.
- Track, process and validate accruals for several cost centers & accounts.
- Assist in projects owned by finance managers of the team, share best practices, identify gaps, drive change and help determine priorities.
- Provide R&D investment decisions and review spend & headcount analysis.
- Drive the annual, quarterly financial planning process for the supported group.
- Work with multiple business partners, develop an understanding of their business and translate that into operational and financial information.
- Help develop various metrics to monitor health of the business on a regular basis.
- Support ad-hoc management reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other VMware Finance teams to enhance the function’s contribution to the company. Share best practices, identify gaps, lead change and help determine priorities
- 2+ years of experience in a financial analysis or accounting role
- Experience creating and driving budgets and forecasts for global business units
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field of study.
- Drive for results mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Knowledge of the MS office package.
- Ability working with cross functional teams.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong social skills, incl. good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Finance
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100936