Lead Business AnalystHeredia,Heredia 02/18/2020
The Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team is looking for customer-oriented, analytical and driven individuals. VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up sleeves to participate in various roles to deliver success!
The candidate will be part of the EDA team supporting the Sales/Sales Ops Team for VMware, mainly responsible for working with key business customers. The role involves data querying & validation, ad-hoc analyses & data deep dives to deliver new SAP Business Objects/Tableau BI reports, Excel based analyses, PowerPoint presentations, etcetera to support VMware’s Sales Teams.
The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires the Lead Business Analyst to be a self-starter with good communication, program management, and analytical skills and to be comfortable working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization without direct management oversight.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver reporting utilizing our BI tools (including but not limited to SAP BOBJ and Tableau) to successfully transition and transform current state reporting to improved analytic capabilities, effectively drive and improve the self-service model in the business
- Extract data and perform reporting/ad-hoc analyses/deep dives to support the Sales teams
- Support end-to-end Business Intelligence lifecycle development processes as needed; which includes, but is not limited to capture business requirement definitions (BRD), create functional requirement definitions (FRD), technical design documents (TDD), and run user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Collaborate on the KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business and build reports using them
- Prototype reports and dashboards to get users engaged and excited about BI & Analytics solutions
- Oversight and project manage Data, BI & Analytics related tasks within the project such as providing status reports, lead BI requirement gathering sessions and UAT activities
- Understand the current AI/ML solutions available and Leverage existing analytical models and include relevant information for reporting to stakeholders
- Perform current state to future state detailed impact analysis activities to provide input to BI data migration strategy and recommended end state solution
- Partner closely with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
- Perform QA activities to validate requirements are being met through front end solutions, data model verification, and source to target mapping
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as business analyst, requirements development, and/or solutions implementation of Data, BI & Analytics solutions
- Proficiency on complex SQL querying is a must (PostgreSQL or SAP-HANA highly desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with industry leading BI tools such as Tableau, or other similar tools (Qlik, Power BI) to build dashboards/reports is a must
- Statistical knowledge & Analytics/AI/ML Modelling experience using R or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present findings to peers and team leads/managers and to business stakeholders as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects task simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding of the primary business functions in a Software organization, such as Sales, Professional Services, Renewals, Customer Advocacy, or Global Support. Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions for these areas.
- Technical knowledge and experience building reports/dashboards using SAP-BO is highly preferred
- Business process knowledge in Channel Sales is highly preferred
- Experience working in virtual environments with team members spread across multiple time zones
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Systems Analyst
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Systems-Analyst Job ID: R2002093