Manager, Tanzu SaaS Business Operations - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia,Heredia
Tanzu Observability by Wavefront is a core component of VMware’s leading-edge Modern Apps Platform BU. Wavefront’s SaaS delivered Observability Platform enables customers to carry out real-time monitoring of their production code, rapidly analyze and then act to reduce downtimes. Major SaaS companies and Digital Enterprises depend on Wavefront to deliver on their SLA commitments in a consistent fashion during full scale production.
The Wavefront Business Operations group is responsible for driving all strategic planning and operational aspects related to the business. The current opening is for a Senior Business Operations Manager who can function as the day to day lead and owner for all business operations activities that impact the Wavefront business.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Define and track overall business’ goals and KPIS
- Carry out periodic strategic reviews and business planning activities
- Function as a subject matter expert on Wavefront’s business model and unit economics
- Drive cost reduction and margin improvement initiatives
- Manage a team of Business Operations Managers for Tanzu SaaS Products and it's operations.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration and drive executional effectiveness across sales, marketing and product operations
- Driving pricing and packaging strategies
- Overseeing business development opportunities.
- Work closely with SaaS Backend Operations teams and act as the day to day owner for all matters related to Order Management and Quote to Cash process
- Develop expertise on Wavefront’s usage tracker and billing systems.
- Create and maintain operational dashboards related to customer usage and cost trends
- Drive data quality, process and automation to improve operational efficiencies
Required Professional Skills:
- > 5 years of experience in Strategic Planning and Business Operations preferably in an Enterprise Software/ SaaS environment
- Proven experience in leading impactful strategic planning and operations initiatives that help scale the business (Prior experience in Management Consulting roles is a plus)
- Management experience leading teams.
- Ability to research, understand and explain complex business issues and analyze impacts
- Experience leading and driving processes, improving efficiency and on-time project completion
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously, recognizing and mitigating risks while proactively setting in place contingency plans
- Experience in working with sales strategy and operations
Preferred Personal Skills:
- Attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- Extremely self-motivated with good time and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and cross- functional/cross-organizational teams within VMware
- Experience using CRM applications; Salesforce.com a plus
This position is eligible for TanzuObservability referral campaign
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108800