To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Network and Systems Engineer - Work Remote Opportunity
Primary Location: Heredia, Heredia
We are looking for talented Network and System Engineer with skills to build and run large scale, distributed, reliable and resilient core infrastructure services.
As a Network and System Administrator in the Core Infrastructure Services team, you will be responsible to install, configure, manage, maintain and support production services for VMware Internal Customer. You will be also involved in planning for disaster recovery, other backup contingencies, diagnose and troubleshoot services, software and other network services related problems. You will also assist with coordinating between different teams for smoother day to day operations.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- For all the day to day support, operations for Network Services portfolio
- To resolve internal customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction and troubleshooting.
- Designing, migration and support one technology stack to the new technology stack.
- Plan and deploy additional services and support as and when needed based on the planning.
- Work flexible schedules, which could include evenings, weekends, or holidays for smoother operations.
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods as per business needs.
- Good understanding of BigIP LTM, AVI Networks load balancing concepts and creating VIPs, Pools, and editing iRules, Data scripts as required along with troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of command-line interface including TMSH shell, TCP Dump and Packet Capture analysis.
- Good knowledge of GTM based intelligent DNS resolution, creation of Regions/WIP/Pools, and troubleshooting DNS traffic issues.
- Managing the hardware and software of the device / appliances.
- Good understanding of basic network fundamentals and protocols. Understanding IP Subnet calculation and IP Space management.
- Understanding of DHCP and troubleshooting for thin and thick clients, with good knowledge DHCP options (PXE, VOIP etc.) and DHCP Failover.
- Understanding of DNS record types & queries, troubleshoot with issues related to resolution failures, Zone/Record creation, modification, and deletion.
- Knowledge of Infoblox DDI, ISC BIND and DHCP Servers along with Advance DNS Security knowledge – DNSSEC – TSIG – Cache poisoning etc.
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for the knowledge base for internal team reference.
- Understanding of WPAD and proxy related DNS resolutions.
- Good knowledge of Open SSL and dealing with SSL certificates
- Good understanding and Knowledge of Linux based Operating System
- Ability to work a 24x7 On-Call rotation schedule
- 3 – 6 years of experience in an IT related role with comparable education.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to build working relationships with critical stakeholders
- Ability to constructively challenge status quo while adhering to corporate ethics and leadership principles
- Ability to execute with passion. Lead and follow with Integrity in a collaborative manner
- Technical Certification like VCP-DCV, CCNA, F5 Certified Professionals, RHCE / RHCSA, A+, Network+ and etc are preferable
- Good understanding and knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture
- Working experience with VMware enterprise products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009390