Senior Project Manager
Primary Location: Heredia
Business Summary Heading
Are you passionate about customers? We are too. We’re looking for a like-minded individual to be a key member of our Customer Success, Intelligence & Innovation team. Our mission is to ensure our customers are central to VMware’s plans. To do this, we collect and dedicatedly represent the voice of our customers, partners and employees, and advocate for these insights to be weighed as part of decisions VMware wide. At VMware: We listen differently, and we take action.
You will manage and execute projects, surveys and customer experience initiatives for the team. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Success Intelligence & Innovation.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a Senior Project Manager your key activities for the PM team will include:
- To receive instructions on new projects (not fully defined), then lead and develop the entire framework for the success of the project including scope, timeline, cost, risks & tasks
- To work on configurations and integrations on different programs including Jira, Qualtrics, SFDC that will reach thousands of respondents around the world
- To analyze customer target audiences for different projects and provide input on the direction to be taken
- You will be providing communications management and coordination with partners which may require reporting and presenting results and next steps
- To build reports and data analysis are day to day tasks, to analyze accurately is part of your tasks as member of the team
- Advisory role to partners providing standard sharing & education on survey programs
- Share and lead creative listening programs to effectively collect customer and partner feedback
- To lead efforts that include important business requirements and will need to be converted into technical requirements and be executed upon
- 4+ years in Project Management (leading projects from end to end)
- 7+ years of work experience
- Ability to turn an idea or concept into a fully designed project
- Proficient in PowerPoint, with strong experience delivering presentations to stakeholders
- Proficient Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, basic analysis)
- Ability to understand and analyze customer data based on key customer drivers such as NPS, C-SAT, Product Satisfaction etc.
- Ability to interpret data and make decisions based on trends and best practices
- Appropriate multi-tasking in a dynamic environment, ability to prioritize tasks deftly and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, running several projects as once
- Proven organization and planning skills and use of project management tools such as Miro, Planner, Trello etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Natural sense of accountability needed
- Must be able to be work independently and effectively in a distributed, global team
- To learn the business and apply knowledge to daily processes
- Ability to learn survey processes / tools quickly
- Positive ‘can do’ work attitude is a requirement. Strong social skills. Highly collaborative. Detail oriented. Self-motivated. Results oriented.
- Voice of Customer / Voice of Partner industry experience a plus
- Experience with API’s and tools integrations, nice to have
- Experience working with partners across different regions
- Ability to influence partners as needed
- Advanced Excel skills are desired
University Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2017523