Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia,Heredia
Heredia, Costa Rica;
Cloud Services Business Unit delivers the full VMware portfolio of enterprise capabilities as an integrated set of cloud services, to enable consistent infrastructure and operations across every major public cloud, or service provider environment.Our team enables Cloud Providers across the globe to consume VMware products. By offering a wide range of VMware-based cloud services on a geographical basis, Providers can offer cloud services that quickly and seamlessly extend their customer’s data center into the cloud using the same VMware products and tools they already use on premise.Role : As a Senior Member of Technical Staff, Site Reliability, you will collaborate closely with product development teams on management and deployment of multiple SaaS offerings. You have a background running large scale applications in Public Cloud(AWS, GCP, Azure) deployed over Kubernetes. You are excited about helping teams be successful in building reliable, self-healing services.
- Participate in architectural reviews with reliability and resiliency in mind.
- Recommend preventive and corrective actions for incidents.
- Collaborate with teams on improving deployment automation, improving resiliency and security of our cloud products. You’re intimately familiar with CI/CD tools and methodologies and know how to get the most out of them
- Comfortable working with development teams on addressing reliability and scale concerns across the stack. You’re just as much dev as ops and flourish working in an Agile model
- Help teams improve the observability of their services through application and infrastructure instrumentation. Monitoring, alerting, metrics, and deep introspection of applications is a must and an area you’re passionate about
- Troubleshoot complex operational issues within a microservices based architecture
- Develop tooling to enhance development and troubleshooting efficiency
- Participate in the on-call rotation in keeping the Availability as per SLA.
Required Skills :
- 5-8 years of SRE/DevOps experience working on highly scalable distributed systems
- A solid understanding of cloud-based architectures and concepts, with hands-on experience using Public Clouds and Kubernetes
- Scripting Experience with any programming language
- Experience with metric and log aggregation tools (Prometheus, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Grafana/Wavefront
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- team-player attitude
Preferred Skills :
- Experience working on Terraform/Ansible/Helm
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, CI/CD principles
- Experience using Git
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104570