Senior Technical Support Engineer
Primary Location: Heredia,Heredia
- Job Description
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Emerging Products)
Engineers support over 250,000 companies running VMware products across three technology layers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizing a wide range of skills including virtualization administration, system administration, and software development.
• Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via email and telephone
• Resolve any customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
• Provide guidelines and best practices on planned projects and activities
• Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
• Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase
• Provide training or assistance to junior staff
• Participate in testing alpha and beta products, help customers adopt
• Be an advocate for virtualization
• Troubleshoot and engage with engineering on customer reported issues
• Experience dealing with various global customers, maintaining and establishing a relationship with them
• Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all relevant opened issues, and on-going projects
• Able to handle escalations with demanding customers at a technical and management level
• Experience in providing Windows/Unix/Linux technical support to enterprise customers.
• Networking: In-depth understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, routing, firewalling, load balancers, VPN and network design
• Experience designing and/or supporting large enterprise deployments.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. WireShark)
• Good practical working ability with Windows/Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Highly Preferred Skills
• Hands-on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
• Ability to program and debug bash, perl and python scripts
Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including Fibre-channel and Ethernet-based protocols • Previous exposure to Cloud Management Platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vCAC including Networking enabled by software
• Familiarly of Clustering Technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Redhat clustering, Oracle RAC
• Hands-on and working with key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Product Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107492