Sr. Sales Operations BI Data Analyst
Primary Location: Heredia,Heredia
Data and Analytics
- Partner with BI Analysts, AMER Sales Ops directors to drive planning, forecasting, pipeline, performance and productivity thru BI solutions.
- Drive executive, operational and analytical dashboard execution, deployment and maintenance in several platforms.
- Able to pull, visualize, analyze and interpret data to address strategic needs.
- Support and enable peers and stakeholders with advanced consultation/mentoring on BI related technical tools and methods.
- Align with BI governing teams on data aspects that define the way we should consume data and adjust our strategy accordingly.
- Own and govern AMER's BI asset inventory. Making sure that all reporting and models are accounted for and managed in collaboration with BI analysts.
- Document processes and backup plans using the organization’s templates.
- Perform cadenced data clean-up exercises for account, opportunity and order attributes.
- Perform data audits, conciliation/triangulation during end of quarter, projects and quality sessions.
- Execute: Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through teamwork.
- Passion: Love what you do and why you do it.
- Integrity: Build and nurture relationships by developing trust.
- Customer: Care about your customer’s business as your own.
- Community: Be conscious on how your work impacts the team.
- 3-5 years of proven analytic BI solution development experience in sales, finance or IT operations, preferably in IT companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Business Administration, Information Technologies, Industrial Engineering or related fields. (Finished or in progress)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written): Ability to understand and communicate with native English stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills. Able to spot potential issues, point at possible causes and suggest solutions.
- Sense of urgency, commitment and ownership of assigned tasks, being mindful of business impact and visibility.
- Ability to go beyond execution and understand strategic priorities of the designated business and how to address them with BI.
- Organize and prioritize your work, set expectations to stakeholders constantly and follow-up tasks to completion.
- Able to leverage knowledge from peers and leadership on best practices on task management, communications, tools of the trade, methods and branding.
- Pro activeness and ability in researching, self-development and team work to cover knowledge gaps.
- Growth mindset, think beyond execution and peer into long term strategy and innovation.
- Ability to perform responsibilities and actionable requirements working remotely.
- SQL: Able to co-manage and maintain SQL Servers in a fast-paced, high availability/quality environment. Usage of SSIS, scripting and other advanced tools to automate data flows and controls. Improve database design, coding and documentation.
- Advanced Tableau: Ability to design advanced tables/chart visualizations and dashboards. Make use of calculated fields/parameters to dynamically change dimensions, measures and chart types. Advanced LOD, filtering, actions.
- Advanced MS Excel skills: Optimized processing of big datasets to avoid re-work or data corruption. Deep understanding on pivot tables, conditional formulas and formatting.
Value adding skills:
- Experience in SAP Hanna: Able to build reports and pull data from SAP.
- Experience in Salesforce.com able to build reports and pull data from SFDC.
- SCRUM Master certification. (Or other project mgmt body of knowledge).
- Power BI
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Sales Operations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103466