Technical Support Engineer 2
Primary Location: Heredia,Heredia
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning, and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem tackle for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Are you ready to join this fast-growing team?
As a technical support engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or zoom session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates, and action plans
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to standard operating procedures
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create new knowledge base articles to capture new learning’s for reuse throughout the organization
- Participate in technical communications within the peers to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training,
- Read and work with other technical support engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise
- 3+ years of work experience in enterprise technical support
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Logical approach to problem-solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Flexible to work weekends
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
- Certifications (VCP, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, RHCE, etc.)
- Advanced level understanding of at least one of the following technologies and Basic level understanding of a secondary technology
- Networking (Layer 2, Layer 3)
- Storage (FC, ISCI, etc.)
- Linux/Windows Server
This role is based out of VMware’s Costa Rica office and open to candidates in the surrounding area.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108161