Technical Support Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia,Costa Rica
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
- The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communications
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
Job Role and Responsibility:
As an Applications Support Engineer and a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Respond to end user requests for technical support
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Provide root cause analysis of customer issues
- Develop workarounds to existing product lines when applicable
- Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Craft and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share processes and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a business to business client support role
- 1-2 years of experience in customer facing technical support roles
- Good social, communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
- Experience developing and installing software
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience using MSSQL to tackle issues
- Experience solving enterprise networking problems
- Experience using and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Experience using and troubleshooting Exchange
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Portuguese is a plus.
- B.S. degree in an engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of current mobile device trends.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103355