To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
UCC Voice Engineer, DevOps (Remote)
Primary Location: Heredia, Heredia
You have passion and frame of mind for service quality and stability through fast and effective response and to be a catalyst for change via analysis and identification of continual service improvement opportunities. You have technical expertise, interpersonal skills, and knowledge over a wide range of collaboration technological services.
Technologies excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You’re looking for highly creative, stimulating and technically challenging role for exiting technologies and an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry.
You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the Colleague experience, Simplify Choice and Operational Excellence.
You have understanding and experience of operational tools and concepts, such as alerting, monitoring, logging and health checks
- Includes 24x7 site reliability rotations and escalation workflows.
- You will identify, receive, triage and act upon events and incidents coming from various SaaS services.
- Proactively identify potential problems, issues and actively communicate and manage issues to resolution.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis for environmental issues as they arise.
- Proactively communicate potential problems and issues to service owners / team members/leaders.
- You will need to work closely with subject matter experts in UCC (Unified Communication and Collaboration), Colleague Experience, L1 Support Teams within IT to support and improve our services and colleague experience.
- Your responsibilities include build, support and improvement of services for colleagues that rely on our services.
- You should have 3+ Years of experience in supporting SAAS platforms and a conceptual understanding of communication and collaboration services. i.e. Voice (Telecom/SBC)and Contact Center Collaboration Services is also needed.
- Your time will be balanced in supporting and development of systems and services.
- You will be primarily supporting and automating services in communication and collaboration platforms. (MS Teams/Zoom Telephony, AudioCodes, Genesys etc.)
- You will spend time in learning UCC technologies along with your current technical and professional skills. We want you to be curious, learning both from team members and individually.
- Your Objectives and Key Results for the first 90 days will be aligned towards running/supporting UCC Services, and to create systems to accomplish the work that would otherwise be performed, often manually.
The hiring manager for this role is, Senior Manager, UCC. He is a service-focused technology strategist with years of successful experience in diverse workforce management, and his philosophy is about encouraging everyone on the team to be independent thinkers and they are looking for people who can think out-of-the-box and then execute on a good idea.
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Information Systems
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010105