To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
DevOps/SRE Cloud Engineer
Primary Location: Herzliya, Tel Aviv District
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement cloud runtime for VMware & ISVs to deliver Software-as-a-Service & Service Providers to Customize, Extend and Monetize Cloud Services. This is an exciting area to work in with multiple domain expertise and a dynamic work culture. If understanding what value can cloud bring to our customers and what SaaS is all about, motivates you, and you are thrilled with delivering daily then this job is for you.
As part of CSP, we will be working as a small and elite team in a startup like group within VMware. As a member of the team you will be working on projects which are in collaboration with leading cloud providers. Development of software and entire application life-cycle will be key responsibility of the team as long with the continuous integration.
=== RESPONSIBILITIES: ===
As our future colleague in the CSP team you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the core SaaS service platform within VMware:
- Developing and optimizing continuous integration and deployment processes
- Maintain availability of VMware's global services platform
- Working closely with internal software engineering teams to improve availability of services
- Handling upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Use container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
- Identifying, gathering and automating responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Developing software runbooks
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis
=== REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: ===
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving large-scale distributed systems.
- Knowledge of containerization and cloud services frameworks.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java (preferred), Python or Go.
- Experience with micro-services development.
- Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Fluent in English
=== VMWARE OFFERS: ===
- Opportunity to be part of the top team of the subsidiary and improve skills and knowledge by working in an enterprise multinational, multicultural environment of overseas and distributed teams
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path and personal growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2012028