Engineering Program Manager
- Herzliya, Israel
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Program Manager?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Engineering Program Manager
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Program Manger on our R&D team in Glil Yam.
The Engineering Program Management team is responsible for driving all aspects of Dell-EMC engineering projects’ execution from inception to successful delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Planning of large scale, complex SW-HW, engineering projects.
- Handling of multiple projects in parallel based on priorities.
- Oversee projects’ execution across distributed engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to plan & track projects’ status, gain insights, identify risks and ensure deliveries on time and quality.
- Gather quantitative data to substantiate the projects’ progress, status and projection. Generate detailed projects’ reports and present status to senior management.
- Facilitate and coordinate meetings and discussions with all the projects’ stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with Program Managers from other functional units through all the gates of the release process.
- up to 5 years of project/program management experience in large-scale multidisciplinary software projects.
- Experience working and leading large scale Agile project
- Scaled Agile – advantage
- Geographically distributed projects – advantage
- Extensive experience and knowledge of issues/tickets tracking systems
- Programming and scripting skills
- Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Git, GitHub) and CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis)
- Ability to gather and integrate information from different sources and ‘see the big picture’.
- Ability to drill down and bring issues to resolution in a collaborative manner.
- Fluent English
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and self-drive.
- Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or in a related field.
- Good understanding of IT and data centers’ technologies and trends.
- Experience leading software development teams as development/QA team lead or manager
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
#LIPriorityJob Family: Engineering Program-Management Job ID: R039381
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Herzliya Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.