Senior Software Engineer - Blockchain
- Herzliya,Tel Aviv District
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
VMware’s Office of the CTO (OCTO) is responsible for leading research and development across VMware in order to build upon our 20 year history of innovation and disruption. The group has dual goals of ensuring VMware’s technical future as well as advancing the state of the field; focusing on both internal impact on the Company and external impact on the R&D community.
OCTO is actively participating in advancing blockchain technology to provide the most secure, reliable, and scalable blockchain platforms. In order to remove existing barriers for adoption, there is a clear need for building robust and secure high-throughput, high capacity distributed ledger technologies that rely on careful distributed-system design and strong engineering. You can learn more about our Blockchain efforts on our blog here; https://blogs.vmware.com/blockchain.
With VMware’s vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems, we have been performing advanced research in this space for several years. We are now building out a team of highly skilled engineers to build on this research for VMware.
Our unique vision centers around five points:
- Permission, private distributed ledgers, not Proof-of-Work
- High-throughput data replication, not quorum-based
- A world of many ledgers, not a global database
- Seamless core cross-ledger transaction support, no escrow required
- Built-in reconfiguration capability and membership, not just authX/authZ
- Contribute to implementation of a blockchain environment, including but not limited to; the consensus layer, distributed ledger, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layer
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast paced projects
- Take existing prototypes to production quality code to create new products and offerings
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems
- Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others' work
- Bachelors/Masters/or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 years of industry-level software development experience
- Strong development experience in C++
- Expertise in one of the following: distributed systems, peer to peer networks, security/cryptography, or databases
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience with Ethereum or Hyperledger
- Exposure to multiple programming languages is preferred, as well as the ability and desire to quickly learn new languages and technologies
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Software-Engineer Software-Engineering Engineering Job ID: R1906030
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Herzliya Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.