Cloud Infrastructure Automation Software Senior Engineer (Remote US)
Primary Location: Remote - Massachusetts, United States
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other); Remote - Connecticut, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Minnesota, United States; Remote - New York, United States (All Other); Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Remote - Washington, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States
Cloud Infrastructure Automation Senior Software Engineer (Remote US)
PowerScale is a Scale-out NAS, Unstructured Storage solution of Dell EMC Infrastructure Solutions Group. PowerScale is in the business of transforming the way data is stored. At the forefront of the big data movement, our highly parallelized, distributed architecture has completely redefined the storage model. We enable our thousands of customers to work at a scale that wasn't previously possible by shipping a true clustered file system that can be expanded from a few dozen terabytes up to many petabytes. Our goal is to package game changing technology, un-paralleled scalability, and record-breaking performance into a product that is utterly simple to manage and continuously delights our customers.
PowerScale is continuing to grow its world-class Engineering organization. We are looking for top-notch Cloud Orchestration Software Senior Engineer- a multitalented software and systems expert who will be working alongside the top tier engineers tasked with ensuring the highest quality of Cloud Storage service and software for our customers. PowerScale is passionate about technical excellence and seeks a highly skilled, innovative technical talent with out of the box thinking.
Join us as a Cloud Infrastructure Automation Senior Software Engineer on our PowerScale Cloud Engineering team in United States Remote to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Cloud Infrastructure Automation Software Senior Engineer, you will work as part of PowerScale’s Cloud and Foundation engineering team to design and implement the infrastructure orchestration stack to enable PowerScale in the Public cloud. You are an engineer who contribute fresh ideas to the areas of cloud storage as a service, automation, networking, and monitoring. You will be asked to identify and solve unique problems presented by PowerScale’s scale-out architecture in the cloud.
• Build automation to stand up and manage networking, compute, and storage infrastructure to support PowerScale Cloud Storage as a Service.
• Architect overall infrastructure/setup.
• Develop RESTful APIs and microservices to automate and manage infrastructure.
• Build Openstack plugins to automate bare-metal provisioning
• Automate monitoring and alerting of the overall infrastructure
• Automate and setup Cloud SDN networking.
• Experience with CICD and test-driven development.
• Work inside cloud providers platforms to architect infrastructure,
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Consult and collaborate with other developers and QA engineers within other teams in the PowerScale organization.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
• Automation of both bare-metal and virtual machine provisioning.
• Strong networking background (Subnetting, Switching, Routing, VLANs, VRFs, Firewalls, VPNs, and BGP).
• Extensive coding experience with Python.
• Extensive experience deploying and running Openstack.
• Extensive experience writing plugins for Openstack to interface with networking and bare-metal compute.
• Extensive Hypervisor experience and virtualizing bare-metal workloads/storage.
• Experience with containerized orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Rancher, etc).
• Experience using Prometheus and Grafana to monitor infrastructure.
• Experience with setting up, automating, and using centralized logging.
• Familiar with Public cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, and Amazon AWS).
• Strong communication and debugging skills.
• Experience developing within large scale distributed systems.
• Experience working with Unix/Linux/BSD operating systems.
• Experience with source management tools such as GIT.
• DevOps background
• Understanding of Cloud as a Service model.
• Understanding of Scale-out Network Attached Storage.
o Ansible, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana
• Messaging platforms
o RabbitMQ, Kafka
o PowerScale OneFS
o Elastic search, logstash, kibana
o VMware or Hyper-V
• Infrastructure Services
o Active Directory, LDAP, logging, monitoring, alerting, remote access (SSH).
o Dell OS10
o Google: VPCs, Dedicated Interconnects, Cloud Routers, Cloud DNS
o Azure: Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure DNS
o Amazon: Amazon VPC, PrivateLink, DirectConnect, Amazon Route 53
• Experience developing Kubernetes CRDs, Operators, and Helm charts.
• Experience with FreeBSD, with notable contributions to the FreeBSD open source community.
• Experience with Network Virtualization and/or Software Defined Networking (SDN).
• Experience with tools such as Bugzilla, Jira.
• Agile development experience.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R099291