Consultant Edge Solutions Marketing-Vertical Marketer (Manufacturing Focus)
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States
Consultant Edge Solutions Marketing-vertical marketer (manufacturing focus)– US based
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record to deliver ground-breaking product, solutions and services to help customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to capture the edge technology platform are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled assets and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring solutions to our customers – wherever they may be! If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to use technology to define new computing paradigms and business opportunities – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
What you’ll achieve
Responsible for solutions and technology marketing activities designed to increase sales growth and expand market share. Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and objectives. Evaluates and adjusts product marketing strategies to respond to changing and/or competitive markets. Identifies and communicates customer value proposition and maintains relationships with sales, product partners, and third party vendors. Provides inputs to product development based on client needs. Maintains relationships with and provides insight into customer requirements during the development process.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Leads creation of most complex marketing deliverables
- Leads market research projects, analyzes trends and creates recommendations based on data
- Develops press review guides as well as presentations and conducts lead press tours for new product launches
- Leads and drives development, product management and sales to manage product life cycle
- Manages product launches, core positioning and messaging, sales training and marketing programs for assigned products
- Responsibilities include assessing market requirements, investigating new technologies, developing recommendations for technical product direction, establishing plans as well as strategies and roadmap plan-of-records
- Guides product introductions and product updates
- Drives worldwide product/solution positioning, messaging, and marketing materials to achieve maximum effectiveness and minimize regional duplication of effort
- Position requires ability to interface with all levels of organization including the executive management team as well as external customers, executive management, press and industry analysts
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience with 3+ years of Telecom industry experience
- Strong ability to influence others
- Product level market and technical expertise
- Proficient in Technical Illustration
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Understanding of products and their value added to the customer
- Advanced ability to influence others to achieve results
- Advanced ability to work effectively with senior management
- Good understanding of the competition
- Problem solving skills
- Significant product/solutions marketing experience in the telecommunications industry
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R079313