Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Advisor (SRO)Round Rock, Texas, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States 12/06/2018
Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Advisor (SRO)
Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA or Remote
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Advisor to join our Security & Resiliency team, based in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA or Remote. Threat Intelligence Curation is the research, collection, processing, classification, annotation, enrichment, pivoting and attribution of threat intelligence data. This data includes indicators of compromise (IoCs); Tools, Tactics and Procedures (TTP); Threat Actor dossiers and campaign information related to threat actors. The curation function includes the use and management of a centralized management system for threat intelligence data.
- Collection, Classification, Storage and Maintenance of IoC, TTP, and threat actor profile data
- Validate, verify and increase the confidence of threat intelligence data
- Develop and execute processes for threat intelligence data enrichment and pivoting
- Research, re-classify and re-categorize threat intelligence data as applicable
- Maintain and refine existing sources and develop new sources of threat intelligence data
- Evaluate sources of threat intelligence data both internal and external to the organization
- Manage threat intelligence validity, integrity or classification escalations
- Manage threat intelligence data source relationships and data ingestion mechanisms
- Collaborate with and establish threat intelligence data sharing mechanisms with peers, partners and appropriate external parties
- Research and develop new threat intelligence data types
- Develop presentations, reports and metrics related to threat intelligence data in the enterprise
- Issuing Critical Advisories
- Developing Threat Actor campaign reports
- Tracking trends related to targeted threat actor activity
- Monitoring likely or active threats related to company sponsored events as needed
- Supporting event security efforts
- Developing executive briefings for threats and threat actors
- Conducting OSINT research on internal and external threats and pertinent investigation entities and performing related briefings and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Information Systems Management and/or 4+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent familiarity with attacker methodology
- Creative and critical thinking
- Familiar with application function concepts
- Familiar with Internet and networking foundational technologies
- DNS, WHOIS, Web, Mail, Remote connection protocols
- Familiar with network configurations and security control deployments
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxies, IDS, DNS, etc.
- Excellent familiarity with popular IoC data types
- Familiarity with popular enterprise class operating systems
- Understanding of the enterprise “threatscape” at all major threat actor capability levels
- Familiarity with critical flaw trends in widely deployed enterprise environments
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, bash)
- Experience with database structures and query languages
- Familiarity with major and widely deployed enterprise application technologies
- e.g. Apache, Java, JBoss, ColdFusion, BIND, MS-SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of Yara and similar signature based languages
Related Job Opportunities
- NSX Security Control Expert (SRO) Multiple Locations
- IAM Senior Business Analyst (SRO) Massachusetts
- Consultant – CyberSecurity Engineering and Operations – IAM PAM Engineer (SRO) Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.