Escalation Account Management Consultant - U.S. remote; Hopkinton, MA preferred
- Hopkinton, Massachusetts
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Escalation Account Management Consultant
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Escalation Account ManagementConsultant on our AccountServices Management team in Hopkinton, MA.
The Escalations Account Service Management role acts as DELL EMC's ambassador/liaison to the customer and as the customer's representative within DELL EMC. Applies technical and customer service expertise in order to resolve complex customer issues by coordinating the technical support between the field and Customer Service managers. Interfaces with Senior Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and customers to resolve business, and technical issues on all products and services.
- Identifies and facilitates the route of all technical queries and problem resolution from the customer / field to Corporate Technical Support and Engineering. Advises DELL EMC senior management of any developments and action plans. Generates support plans to resolve complex service related problems
- Chairs meetings and conference calls at short notice with internal and external stakeholders from Senior Management and above
- Provides formal, executive quality written communication regarding critical escalations to Senior VP level stakeholders
- Analyzes customer technical problems with respect to business, operational and financial areas of customer service and has responsibility for making decisions relating to these issues. Controls and directs internal resources in terms of setting time requirements and expectations
- Coordinates activities with Account Personnel from Sales, System Engineering, TSG and Customer Service to ensure all customer needs are met. Acts as point of escalation for front line issues and concerns on specific problems relating to assigned region or country and is responsible for ensuring follow up and fault resolution; coordinates all aspects of ongoing service issues, technical assistance and direction to customers regarding DELL EMC products
- Integrates customer and DELL EMC business requirements with technical requirements to determine best course of action when resolving customer issue. Enables sales by positioning solutions to protect DELL EMC product image while identifying sales opportunities. Gather customer intelligence on sensitivities and expectations; ensures suitable level of service personnel and activity during problem resolution at all locations. Prepares and presents key business issues to senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction
- Interfaces with customer on behalf of senior management via customer meetings and written communication. Responsible for acting as DELL EMC CS Liaison for customer visits to the Executive Briefing Center
- Will be required to work on a seven day rotating roster which will include 10 hours a day
- 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in a Customer Service role, preferably in a Team Lead position within a Technology company
- Excellent business writing skills
- Great organizational skills
- Strong Customer Service background; possesses a "Customer First" attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as being team oriented; must be confident and capable to act quickly and make decisions independently as they arise
- Excellent Communication skills
- Possesses a sense of urgency and ability to turn around situations quickly
- Be energetic and have a good attitude to work
- DELL EMC Proven Professional Certification
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Hopkinton Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.