Lead Architect Telco Innovation
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; San Francisco, California, United States
As a Telecoms Lead Architect you will create products and solutions catering for the worldwide telecommunications market, which is exploding with new and exciting opportunities offered by new developments such as 5G, Internet of Things, and virtualized radio access networks (RANs). You will work with geographically dispersed teams and research groups on telco innovation projects.
- Provide technology consultation for customers and our internal engineering teams
- Be the architect and lead developer on a number of leading-edge concepts developed with our partners and customers
- Support opportunity identification and anchor to proof concept and innovation programs.
- Ensure consistent high standards across in-house design, contracted design work, third-party partnerships, and third party solutions, drive solutions aligned with Telco industry standards such as 3GPP, MANO and ONAP.
- Collaborate closely throughout the development process to jointly establish top-level product characteristics and technology selections.
- Be a leader at the centre of internal teams and many different external collaboration models ranging from contracted design, co-design partnerships.
- Help guide product definition to effective solutions with compelling value in customer deployments.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in Telecom domain including experience in Consumer and Enterprise business segments.
- Subject matter expert on Telco Transformation with deep expertise in one or more technologies of NFV, SDN, VRAN/ORAN .
- Significant knowledge of Kubernetes and Cloud Native Application Development
- Experience in large scale telecom solution creation, Technology strategy consulting, Enterprise Architecture, Product Architecture and Design.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of technical resources to collaborate and drive large enterprise grade, technically comprehensive customer projects
- Proven experience in conceptualizing and leading Digital transformation including Customer, Agent & Partner facing applications/integrations.
- Deep understanding of leveraging Micro services based architecture and agility in bringing new offerings and creating differentiated experience
- Be able to play an advisory role to the clients by providing Solution & Technology consultancy including Problem definition, Discovery, product evaluation, Solution recommendation and Architecture definition.
- Leverage partners and a broad external ecosystem to influence and ensure success programs
- Working with Program Managers, taking accountability for assisting in mitigating technology risks in delivery of solutions.
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or related disciplines. However, exceptional candidates without college degrees who may have long industry experience and can demonstrate their skills & abilities will also be considered.
- Strong executive presence and track record of VP to CxO level engagement with Tier 1 Telecom Operators
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture, design, and implementation. Experience with classic distributed algorithms (implementation, system configuration, trade-offs, state-of-the-art)
- Knowledge of Modern software development processes including test-driven development, DevOps models, continuous integration, continuous testing, agile development with Jira/Git/Bitbucket/Confluence or similar platforms
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: March22, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"TElCO BU"Job ID: R086261