Senior Advisor, Data Engineering
Primary Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Senior Advisor, Data Engineering for Global Services (Hopkinton, MA)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. And we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, and also provide them with growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as part of our global Services team, based in Round Rock/Austin, TX or Hopkinton, MA.
What You Will Love
In this role, you will collaborate with business leaders and internal customers to create and establish design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability. To accomplish this, you will analyze business goals, define project scope and identify functional and technical requirements.
Your responsibilities may include work in any or all the following disciplines: Data analysis and science, data architecture and solutions engineering, visual design and analytics enablement and internal consulting.
- Develop technical processes and programming to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, protect and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis
- Apply data extraction, transformation, and loading techniques in order to tie together large data sets from a variety of sources
- Partner with both internal & external resources to design, build and oversee the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software
- Design, develop and program methods, processes and systems to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions
- Responsible for the maintenance, optimization, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational and analytics databases
- Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, architects and business to design actionable strategic projects and break complex problems into actionable tasks
- Provide leadership support in on-board training and mentoring junior level data analysts
- 8 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree, or 6 years with a Master’s
- Experience pulling together cross-functional teams in order to achieve goals, serving as expert spokesperson, driving data engineering projects with a short-term (<1 year) focus, including responsibility for project deliverables and timeline commitments and cost management, and providing recommendations to the business as data engineering subject matter expert
- Experience driving assigned projects that deliver improvement any one of the following five data stages: ingestion, storing, packaging, modeling and consumption. Experience building/maintaining analysis, monitoring, and productivity tools
- Experience following data engineering process standards and participates in testing of new data engineering technologies, providing feedback to leadership for global data solutions. Experience proactively monitoring and managing data design tenets and driving corrective actions regarding data quality issues
- Experience building assigned solutions within the infrastructure provided for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a limited set of structured data; including Integrating small to medium structured data sets that meet business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal collaboration and teamwork skills, with success in clearly discussing applied big data platforms and applied solution designs with both technical and non-technical peers. Demonstrated successful experience working both independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Passion for innovation and the application of emerging data technologies to the delivery of cutting-edge business intelligence solutions, and the ability to quickly learn new tools/technologies as required
- Strong understanding of business functions, CRM transactional systems, data sets, data relationships and KPI measures.
- Strives for professional development
- Customer focused. Experienced in coaching/training data engineering analysts
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata dependency and workload management
- Excellent knowledge of Big Data Tools, Relational SQL and NoSQL Databases, Data Pipleline and workflow Management Tools, Cloud Services, Stream-Processing Systems, and Object-Oriented/Object Function Scripting Languages
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.