Senior Consultant, Strategy and Business Operations
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Strategy & Business Operations
Job Location: Seattle, WA or Austin, TX, Remote
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers – wherever they may be! If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves, and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
As a Strategy & Business Operations team member, you will drive key strategic initiatives, and support the development of long-term growth plans APEX, Dell Technologies as a Service (aaS) brand. You will participate in projects that include analysis and recommendations related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement. You will work with other team members to provide analytical and project support to a business unit, segment or function by leading a team of business analysts. You will coordinate in formulating and defining scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business needs and business processes. You will need to understand the business implications of solutions, and assists in defining the solutions to support any future business requirements.
This position requires extensive cross-group coordination, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly. Attention to detail, project management skills, and a highly organized, process-focused mind are required to manage executive priorities and deliverables. You must be able to execute under pressure/ deadlines and drive forward even when faced with ambiguity.
Key Responsibilities and Functional Areas
- Helps determine growth strategy of Dell worldwide through fact-based analysis
- Conducts\ research and analysis on business performance, market dynamics, customer requirements, and competitor activities
- Synthesizes that research with implications and action plans for consumption by executive audiences
- Contributes to the development of market, business unit or product line business plans to capitalize on current/future market trends or achieve operational efficiencies.
- Ensures critical improvements in operations are implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Regularly acts as a lead on key projects
- Serves as the subject matter expert and consulting resource for a functional area
- Promotes knowledge management across organizations and among senior leadership
- Understands, builds, connects, and leverages other groups in the company in support of enterprise knowledge management
- Works closely with senior leadership on a wide range of critical issues.
- Expert understanding of Internal business processes and systems capabilities
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with senior level business leaders
- Leverages key internal and external resources to build own content knowledge of industry and business trends.
- Identifies and brings key strategic issues and opportunities forward in a clear and structured way
- Challenges the status quo and enables the team to break patterns of thinking and behavior.
- Develops and delivers thoughtful, compelling internal and external communications that articulate Dell's Cloud team's value proposition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required, MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience in business/ product planning and operations working on complex problems
- Experience with cloud technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Experience working with multiple virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, including data-driven research and market analysis
- Understanding of enterprise software and hardware space, including cloud, storage, networking and application platform ecosystem players
- Expert knowledge of Knowledge management applications and tools.
- Expert experience with change management.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.