Senior Manager, Software Engineer IT
- Austin, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Job Title: Senior Manager – M9 (Austin / Hopkinton)
Dell IT Overview:
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's Data Science & Integration Platform Solutions(DSIP) team is hiring a Senior Manager - to deliver on initiatives for our global cross segment customers. Responsibilities will include People Management, Delivery Management & Stakeholder Management . DSIP IT team is an essential part of the Dell IT - building Data & Enterprise integration (middleware platform) solutions spread across a variety of technology platforms – SOA, Messaging, Data Streaming, External Partner Integration, Cloud Integration etc. You will play a defining role in the continuing evolution of Dell’s Middleware platforms.
- Responsible for coaching / mentoring team members
- Responsible for delivery and stakeholder management.
- This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to the entire IT staff of developers, operators and administrators
- Be the technical and functional SME for the team.
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Working across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Interacting with senior management for reporting
- Working with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
- Communicating financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports
- Facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function and working with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all workers
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or equivalent with 12+ years of overall IT experience
- 2-4 years of experience in leading teams
- Experience in building large scale software products end to end
- Extensive Hands-on coding experience in Java/J2EE /SPRING framework. Ability to design/architect solutions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Proven experience in running any of the below middleware platforms for large enterprises.
- Messaging (IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc)
- SOA platforms (Oracle Fusion)
- B2B platforms (Open Text)
- Cloud Integration Platforms (Boomi)
- experience in cloud native architecture , design and Solutions.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Software-Engineer Job ID: R057629
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Hopkinton Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.