Software Principal Engineer – CloudIQ (US Remote)
Primary Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Illinois, United States; Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro); Remote - Texas, United States
Software Principal Engineer
Join us as a Software Principal Engineer on our CloudIQ Engineering team in the US (open RTP, NC and Hopkinton, MA, will also consider remote candidates) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will help transform the way customers manage their data centers. You will become part of a global engineering team delivering CloudIQ, a cloud-native solution that provides proactive health, monitoring and predictive analytics. CloudIQ is software-as-a-service application built on a modern platform with state of the art open-source technologies and a continuous delivery model. As part of the team you will develop features that provide valuable insights, predict behavior and deliver solutions to enable our customer to avoid risk and reduce TCO. Bring your passion and dedication to work with an amazing team to quickly turn ideas into great product.
- Work with a global cross-functional engineering team on developing new services, tools to enable core CloudIQ capabilities
- Take part of full software development lifecycle including planning, development, test, deployment & support of microservices and UI
- Evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline tooling, development
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience in using languages like Java, with spring Framework for Java, or Python
- Experience with cloud platforms or platform as a service such as Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure, AWS
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Postgres, Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Experience working with messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related majors. 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Experience with scripting language like PERL, Python or bash
- Knowledge and experience with Agile
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"cloudbu"Job ID: R101637