Software Senior Principal Engineer - VMAX StorageApply Now Job ID 177702BR Date posted 03/20/2017
Career Path Opportunity for a lead Software Engineer to be part of EMC’s top product line with the VMAX Open Systems Host Adapter team, focused on being a leader in the All Flash market.
This role is for a Consultant Software Engineer within the Open Systems Host Adapter team. This individual will be responsible for solving complex technological problems, working collaboratively with other team members and guiding initiatives across one or more engineering teams. Candidate should have a deep working knowledge of embedded real-time systems-level software to drive success within the team. The system is a cutting-edge world leading sophisticated hardware/software solution, consisting of a distributed parallel system with dozens of CPUs and thousands of disk drives. Software engineers at VMAX constantly push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of storage and distributed systems. We are a true systems company and work at every layer of the storage stack, including all aspects of operating systems and file systems, high performance protocol stacks, and next-generation virtualization technology.
- Designs system level architecture and is seen as a visionary, providing input to product direction and strategy.
- Analyze complex technical problems and propose/lead the design and implementation of comprehensive solutions.
- Acts as a prime consultant on critical projects that impact long term organizational goals and objectives.
- Lead design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of new products, features, enhancements, and improvements to the system software of unified data storage systems. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
- Contributes technical expertise to help determine requirements and functional specifications for VMAX host adapter sub-system. Write specifications (Functional, Design, Unit/Integration test) and participate in software design reviews.
- Actively seeks customer input, may take responsibility for customer escalations, (internal and external customers).
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization on broader development initiatives, and meet aggressive schedules.
- Support comprehensive system performance analysis and develop improvements
- Mentor highly talented junior software engineers
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge. Expert software architecture, design, implementation, test, debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed systems, storage systems, networking, operating systems, drivers, Fiber Channel, SCSI and related protocols
- In depth understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode programming concepts
- Expertise in cross-functional software development projects (including lifecycles from requirements to maintenance), distributed algorithms, synchronization issues, task scheduling, performance and optimization, and/or working from established code bases highly preferred.
- Proven track record in execution and product delivery.
- Must have successfully delivered complex products with hardware and software components to aggressive schedule and quality goals.
- Be highly collaborative with ability to work in a complex cross-functional environment.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
- Solid programming skills in C
- Minimum 15 plus years of related experience.
- Hands-on experience developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX Operating systems
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field is required. Master’s level degree preferred.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
- Advisor, Pricing (Business Operations) Hopkinton, Massachusetts| Santa Clara, California
- Product Security Engineering Coop - (July - Dec '17) Hopkinton MA Hopkinton, Massachusetts
- Systems Integration Engineer Co-op: Hopkinton MA (July-Dec'17) Hopkinton, Massachusetts