Technical Writer, Sr. AnalystHopkinton, Massachusetts 06/10/2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Writer on our Dell Technologies Messaging team in Hopkinton, MA.
The Technical Writer is responsible for researching, developing, authoring, and updating internal and customer-facing documentation, and for ensuring that all documentation deliverables are thorough, technically accurate, and address the target audience. The technical writer understands our business and its objectives, and helps brings solutions to solve the business problems in a very ambiguous, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with all Dell Technologies Family of Businesses (FOBs) to manage the creation and evolution of messaging content for the four transformations (digital, IT, security, and workforce) plus multi-cloud, IoT and emerging technologies
- Engage with messaging directors and subject matter experts to drive the content strategy, development and evolution of messaging content, thought-leadership content, and marketing collateral to drive sales
- Collaborate with messaging directors, technical writers and FOBs to help enable marketing and sales makers to tell the unified Dell Technologies stories to specific audiences
- Build brand awareness through writing content for team social media activities
- Manage content building activities in specific programs as well as across all initiatives ensuring all content is aligned with team goals and milestones
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, critical, and creative problem-solving skills
- 3-5 years experience crafting messages and technical writing
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, and strategic thinking skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience in creating documentation and presentation templates
- Ensure all program documentation and content is kept up to date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis
- Self-manages and motivated with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Possess a flexible, enthusiastic and proactive demeanor with a hands-on, detail-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work cross-functionally, across geographic and organizational boundaries, with strong relationship building and management skills
- Ability to develop and program web content
- Some hands-on experience with web development technologies and frameworks. You can read code and sometimes even write it.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, FrameMaker or other graphic apps
- A desire to be active on social media platforms
- A desire to pursue a career in messaging
- Experience with Dell, Dell EMC, VMware, Pivotal, Virtustream, Boomi, RSA, and SecureWorks portfolios and/or similar products and companies
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the writing skills to make the most complex and innovative technology accessible to anyone, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Graduates Job ID: R42266
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisor, Business Intelligence Massachusetts
- Program Development Analyst, Enterprise Marketing Sr. Advisor Massachusetts
- Global ISG Marketing Campaign Content Development Lead, Medium Business Campaign Advisor Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.