Director, 5G/Edge Technical Support
- Dallas, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Director, 5G/Edge Technical Support
Dallas or Austin Texas Preferred(remote)
Join us in this newly created role as Director on our 5G/Edge Technical Support team in TX (working remotely) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
Seeking an experienced leader with demonstrated competence with 4G and 5G wireless technologies core network deployment and support. As a leader, you will manage a team of senior program managers and support resources towards individual customers. With your broad technical knowledge of different wireless technologies and infrastructure you will also have the ability to leverage your in-depth industry knowledge of the tools and process to deliver and support complex wireless networks.
- Lead a global team of Principal & Sr. Principal Engineers that support large Telecom accounts with advanced and critical issues
- Enable and define the tools, process, and competence for the support of 4G & 5G networks from the CU, DU to the RU running on compute infrastructure.
- Deliver and exceed on response, restore, resolve SLAs and other KPIs goals as per customer expectations and contractual obligations
- Build, collaborate and integrate existing processes and capabilities with 3rd party partners, engineering and sales teams to ensure great services outcomes for our customers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience in the wireless and wireline telecom industry as a service provider and/or equipment vendor or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Typically requires 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills
- Agility in developing/building high performing teams that deliver consistently excellent customer experiences and Net Promoter scores with evolving and emerging technologies
- Proven track record of leading global functions in a Support Services / NOC/SOC context
- Collaborate engagement with 3rd party partners/software vendors to build the support ecosystem and enable serviceability for next generation 5G Networks
- Strong executive presence with ability to work closely with C-Level customer and internal executives
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exposure to RedHat Openstack/OpenShift or VMware solutions in a Telecom Context / OSS & FCAPS knowledge
- Experienced in driving Global Program to successful completion with Engineering/3rd party Vendors
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
"TELCOBU"Job Family: Services TELCOBU Global-Services Product-Services Tech-Support Job ID: R107819
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Houston Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.