Sr Consultant Architect Cloud Software Enablement (Austin / Round Rock, TX or Remote) Digital-IT
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Houston, Texas, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
Sr Consultant Architect
Dell Technologies creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our IT Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
Join us as a Sr Consultant Architect on our Digital Modernization Engineering in Round Rock/ Remote, Texas, to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Sr Consultant, you will participate in the entire Architecture, design and software development life cycle, starting with research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors and maintenance, bringing in your ideas and suggestions to test and improve existing software. Our systems range from consumer and internal-facing web-based applications, cloud technologies, API management, to internal batch processing systems.
- Will lead and be accountable for overall technical solutions of services that integrate with Cloud Platforms, Define the end to end system architecture and interfaces in collaboration with domain experts
- Collaborate with a global team of innovative developers, Senior Technical Staff throughout the IT Organization and business owners, supporting all team members to achieve their goals
- Responsible for translating the functional specifications into an application architecture that is conducive to IT’s technical processes and standards.
- Mentor team members and provide technical guidance and influence to achieve results
- Advice on code quality, high-level architecture, and new technologies and cloud adoption
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the product meets customers’ requirements, support teams, and service teams.
- Define performance and quality metrics and translate them into actionable requirements; initiate and drive early phase studies, proof of concept and prototyping activities
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Candidate must have a strong OOA/OOD background and understanding of GoF Design Patterns, Enterprise Application Patterns and anti-patterns.
- Experience in large scale solution creation, technology strategy consulting, enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture, design, and implementation. Experience with classic distributed algorithms (implementation, system configuration, trade-offs, state-of-the-art).
- Knowledge of modern software development processes, including test-driven development, DevOps models, continuous integration, continuous testing, agile development with Jira/Git/Bitbucket/Confluence or similar platforms.
- Ability to translate product/project requirements into development plans and architectures
- Experience in developing a standardized architecture that advances data analytics and AI/ML capabilities.
- Proficiency with containers, orchestration technologies, Git and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Experience with Docker, microservice architectures, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Kubernetes, or related container platform ecosystems like Azure/AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Serverless, Event-driven Architecture, Logging, Caching, messaging, Services Mesh and caching technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge on API Management, Micro gateways and API Economy, Governance.
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or related disciplines. However, exceptional candidates without college degrees who may have long industry experience and can demonstrate their skills & abilities will be considered.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in technology consulting or product development, including experience in Enterprise business segments and cloud.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R111086