Principal Software Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Job Title : Principal Software Engineer
Choose a Job Family description from the list here.
Join us as a Principle Software Engineer on our IT team across Bangalore and Hyderabad to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for maintain the hardware and software components for our business customers. You will work with and support the Facilities business space on preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications and standards further improving operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update your job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new refinements; work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be persistent, creative problem solver
- Understand business need and know how to create the tools to manage them
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Model and manage the expectations against our business end-users and rest of the stakeholders involved to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility
- Contribute to customer experience using tools and services with a keen focus over uninterrupted business continuity in a way that results in high customer satisfaction
- Should understand and have strong systems level knowledge on how various systems interact within which the project\ program is being executed against
- Demonstrated infrastructure support experience in server management including software installation and configuration
- Experience in supporting data center maintenance and management, applying and enhancing firewall rules, maintaining network paths, applying relevant patches/ upgrades, proactively identifying and eradicating server vulnerabilities with high focus on security
- Should posses good problem-solving skills along with strong deductive reasoning
- Good communication skills in resolving outages quickly and further building strong working relationships
- 3 - 4 years supporting and maintaining cloud hosted infrastructure
- 8+ years of validated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and\ or equivalent work experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Dell-Digital Software-Engineer Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R092020
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Hyderabad Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.