Senior Analyst, IT Infrastructure (I6)Hyderabad, India 11/08/2019
Job Title Senior Analyst, IT Infrastructure (I6) Hyderabad
Dell IT Overview
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Analyst on our IT Infrastructure team in BLR.
The ability to drive human progress through technology relies on robust and reliable IT infrastructure – and that’s what our IT Infrastructure team provides to our customers. We’re a team of experts optimizing the performance and integrity of IT infrastructure and ensuring consistency and synchronization across all infrastructure components. Alongside supporting new and existing applications, we work with other IT groups and business units to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Supports users by focusing on the service management discipline.
- Works to minimize impact to the business
- Manages Project lifecycle from envisioning, planning, and provisioning to stabilization in production
- Guides/ consults customers with the definition of realistic requirements
- Work with application teams, Infrastructure & application project managers to handle large scale migration of complex applications, including server hardware, Operating System, Databases and SAN or NAS storage.
- Collaborate with peers, team leads, and engineers, and third party vendors to resolve customer issues, maintaining complete ownership of issues from beginning to resolution.
- Follow up with customers to ensure accurate resolution for their technical issues
- Analyze and provide innovative system engineering
- Act as a go to person for management, project managers and platform support engineers
- Acts as the subject matter expert on Linux Server Hardware
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters
- Acts as project leader with projects of short to moderate duration and with limited budgets
- Three + Years experience as Linux Systems Engineer.
- Understanding and knowledge of Linux (Redhat, SUSE, OEL, OL) including Kernel components
- Knowledge and application of ITIL standards
- Experience with migration of existing application from depreciated environments to the latest supported standards
- Experience with capacity management and performance managements tools and processes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures, grasp technical concepts, and adapt easily to change
- Must have a passion for learning and demonstrable intellectual curiosity
- Able to manage competing demands, multiple priorities, while remaining adaptable and flexible
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience, 4+ years) with 3+ years of applicable work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
• Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, SUSE, and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux), Advanced knowledge of OS performance optimization, hardware configuration, and related root cause analysis and troubleshooting
• Hardware Platforms: Dell Poweredge Server Lines (blade and rack type servers)
• Server Virtualization Technologies: VMWare
• UNIX/Linux shell scripting experience
• Experience troubleshooting SAN storage access issues preferred
• Experience troubleshooting Network issues preferred
• Good English communication and customer service abilities
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Information-Technology Job ID: R044613
Related Job Opportunities
- Advisor, Data Intelligence Engineer Hyderabad, India
- Senior Analyst, Data Intelligence Engineer Hyderabad, India
- Analyst, Data Intelligence Engineer-IT Hyderabad, India