To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior Software Engineer (Java/J2EE) - Secureworks - Hyderabad, India
Primary Location: Hyderabad,
Additional Location(s): Hyderabad, India
Senior Software Engineer
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working in a “squad” model, the team designs, develops, builds/packages, tests, deploys and provides production diagnostic and break-fix for our suite of applications — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Hyderabad to do the best work of your career and secure human progress.
This engineering team delivers software, systems and processes focused on increasing and maintaining the reliability of its suite of applications. Specifically, these are Java and C-based, back-end, concurrent multi-threaded, data processing applications that touch over three hundred billion security messages from tens of thousands of networked devices. These applications are at the core of the company’s primary revenue stream and have allowed our world-class security analysis to scale to thousands of customers.
- Contribute to design and implementation of code changes for reliability improvements (e.g. optimizations, code refactoring, bug fixes, etc).
- Participate in code reviews, providing feedback and questions to understand and improve code changes.
- Creates and reviews design, functional, technical and/or user documentation, as needed.
- Share responsibility within team for release (build/test/deploy) of the team’s software and maintenance of release pipeline.
- Health, availability & performance measurement, monitoring, diagnostics and operational support (including on-call).
- Automation of release and operational tasks for efficiency and consistency.
- 6 years Software Engineering experience
- Competency in Core Java 8, Spring, transport protocols of Netty, HTTP & JMS, unit testing (Junit4, 5); some experience with diagnostics and tuning, interacting with REST APIs & microservices
- Ability to effectively work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Desire and aptitude to intentionally develop competency in all of the following disciplines: coding, building, testing, deploying, supporting
- A persistent curiosity to understand and solve technical challenges
- Emotional control and intelligence to work well with diverse perspectives and under high-pressure circumstances
- Commitment to effective time-management, prioritization, and communication of work status
- Able to learn quickly with some, but minimal, repetition of questions and tasks. (e.g. achieve competency via a four-step "watch, try, perform, teach" process)
- AWS training or experience
- OpenShift / Kubernetes training or experience
- Experience transitioning from traditional virtual data center to a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of one or more of common scripting language(s) - Perl, BASH, Python, Go, NodeJS, etc
- Working knowledge of one or more of application analysis tools (e.g. profilers, stack trace analysis, etc)
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and/or Ansible.
Secureworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R065657