Sr. Advisor, Enterprise Data Steward for Data Strategy
Primary Location: Bangalore, India
Enterprise Data Steward
Join us as a Data Steward (Enterprise) on our Product Management team in Bangalore/Hyderabad to take the first steps towards your dream career and make an impact at Dell Technologies.
What you’ll achieve
In today’s world, data is quickly turning into the most precious business asset. Dell’s ability to
leverage high-quality, seamless and consistent data to deliver personalized experiences to our customers is dependent on strong data management and governance capabilities. In our silos we are effective but when we connect, we find excellence from the powerful insights we can gain from shared knowledge about our customers, the products we sell, the service we provide to them and the people who perform that work.
As a Data Steward (Enterprise), you will bring together a cross-functional team to drive the maturity of data management practices for Dell Technologies. The position will focus on establishing a data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve end-to-end data quality and protection to meet our business needs. The Data Steward (Enterprise) serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business & IT stakeholders to improve the quality of value of core data assets, as well as support strategic enterprise-level requirements.
- Develop and execute data quality strategies in line with the organization`s business strategy and goals
- Support enterprise data-decision making processes and facilitate discussion to address conflicting viewpoints with the goal of arriving at mutually satisfactory agreements
- Build strong relationships across all functional domains; influence the requirements and sequence into the technology and process change roadmaps
- Create enterprise policies on data management, data quality, and tool usage; derive plans to enforce policies through process change or technology
- Plan and execute deliverables against roadmaps tied to critical business outcomes for personalization and privacy
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8+ years of experience in stakeholder management – running programs with cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Data Governance knowledge including compliance, security, data quality, business glossary, data catalogs, reference data, data lineage, policy management and data stewardship is needed
- Hands on experience with data management, data governance and data quality
- Robust facilitation/presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership/stakeholders
- Knowledge of Informatica, Collibra and other data management tools and capabilities
- Experience with project management methodologies; Agile preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 31 Mar 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R088816