Technology Service Management 'TSM' Senior Advisor - Remote Opportunity in the Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI AreaRemote - Wisconsin, United States, Remote - Illinois, United States 05/21/2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Are you a professional who has a strong technical background and passion for solving complex issues for customers? If so, we would love to hear from you! In this role, you will be responsible for working with key customer contacts at multiple levels. You will identify and align business and IT objectives, discover customer pain points, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future IT needs. You will play an integral part in helping our customers avoid unplanned outages by providing proactive preventative guidance. You will achieve this through the development and maintenance of a support service delivery plan and making recommendations for operational best practices both at tactical and strategic levels. You will manage “mission-critical” support escalations and serve as an active member of the account team with early engagement throughout the sales and product lifecycle. If you want to make a difference for Dell and its customers, then this is your opportunity!
- Maximizes the value of the customer’s investment in Dell products and services throughout the end to end customer lifecycle. The TSM manages the account and it is the customer’s advocate
- Acts as single point of contact for all support requirements as they pertain to the assigned customers’ environment
- Ensures effective ownership, communication, coordination, and facilitation of support service activities between the customer and support teams, account teams, field service personnel, and customers
- Requires a general understanding of and technical competence in data center technologies. A working knowledge in at least one of the following: Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC, Compellent, EqualLogic, blade technology and networking is essential
- Develops and coordinates proactive maintenance initiatives based on industry best practices and statistical data trends
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement activities in support of customer or internal business processes
- Leads complex service delivery processes, develops creative resolutions to complex problems, and ensures contractual support service deliverables are understood and managed effectively
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data and trends relating to service level and operational effectiveness
- Undergraduate degree and 6+ years, or Graduate degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with Senior Executive to CxO-level personnel
- Excellent presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills
- 4+ years enterprise experience with data center technologies such as Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC, Compellent, EqualLogic, blade technology and networking
- IT business process certifications (ITIL, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.)
- Technical certifications (MCSE, CCNA, Server+, etc.)
- 4+ years troubleshooting complex technical issues
- 4+ years IT infrastructure deployment experience
- 4+ years IT project management experience utilizing an accredited framework
- 4+ years vendor and maintenance management experience
- 4+ years data center management experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Remote Job ID: R70667
Related Job Opportunities
- Data Analytics and IOT Solution Lead Multiple Locations
- Principal Systems Engineer- Channel Pre-Sales Multiple Locations
- Director, Systems Engineering Illinois