Partner Support Account Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Miami,Florida,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; New York,New York,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
VMware Carbon Black is looking for a Partner Support Account Manager (PSAM) who is committed to customer success for our Partner Accounts. You are comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for partners and vice-versa. This is a proactive role that works closely with the Partner Solutions and Channel Account Managers as part of the VMware Carbon Black Account Team. You thrive in a highly visible role with quick shifts in daily priorities, each day is a different challenge. You are able to build deep partner relationships while maintaining the balance of responsibilities between our support team, the partner support team, and our mutual customers. You're able to hold your ground when challenged on contractual policies and delegate without direct authority with the goal of bridging policy adherence with a great customer support experience. You're good at networking- aware of and easily looped into multiple partner teams and able to recognize issues outside the scope of support to appropriately redirect partners for assistance. Organizational and communications skills, ability to set realistic expectations, and a honed sense of priorities a must.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for partner success and a background supporting endpoint security products who wants to add more value through partner engagement at a broader level to provide a superior customer experience.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the key individuals within your partner’s operational team.
- Act as the single point for contact for the management of key customer and/or partner relationships on behalf of Carbon Black Support.
- Setup and manage regular reviews with the partner
- Be able to provide regular reports to management on the status of the partners or their accounts you are managing
- Setup and manage the quarterly operational reviews with the customer
- Manage the support activity including setting and managing customer expectations, driving prioritization and advocating on behalf of assigned customer within Carbon Black Support
- Act as a first point of escalation for your partners, and collaborate with Carbon Black management team in driving complex escalations
- BS/BE degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer handling skills
- Proven ability to work closely with partners and develop excellent working relationships, up to senior management level
- Previous experience as an account manager is an advantage
- Experience in the software industry within technical support
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Solid understanding of IT security strategies
- Experience in the enterprise security space
This position is eligible for CarbonBlackUSA referral campaign
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111796