Regional Sales Director - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus
Regional Sales Director
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Director of Sales will be responsible for a team of Client Executives. This team is made up of passionate and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers’ business to offer premier VMware solutions. We seek a talented and motivated leader who can motivate and lead anywhere from 5-8 Client Executives.
- You will be responsible for building and leading an experienced sales team
- We are looking for someone who possesses strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex territory strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas for the regional sales teams
- Build Regional sales plans that drive business through direct selling, indirect selling through a multitude of Channel Partners, and local Demand Generation
- Split time 50/50 between leading your teams and meeting with customers & partners
- Closely work with extended sales resources, including, but not limited to SE Manager, PSO Manager, Inside Sales Manager, Channel Manager, Recruiting, etc.
- Partner with the Specialist sales team and their leadership in efforts to plan & execute cohesive sales campaigns into the Regions
- Accurate forecasting, planning, structure large ELA deals, negotiate deals & partnerships, and orchestrate a broad mix of resources in order to execute a successful 90-day sales campaign
- We are looking for someone with 10 years of sales management experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing enterprise sales environment.
- You have led quota carrying sales teams with demonstrated achievement leading a horizontal, extended resource team to support the direct sales teams
- You have the ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Do you have extensive experience negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations?
- You are a Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time.
- We are interested in individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Experience managing complex deal shaping (software, hardware, services, partner, customer overhead, etc.)
- History of strong relationship building with customers and channel partners
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- Education/Experience - BA/BS degree or higher
- Travel: 50%+ of the time
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2018175