Senior Product Marketing Manager, Modern Applications Platform - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Columbus,Ohio
Indianapolis,Indiana,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Toronto, Canada; Portland,Oregon,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Dallas,Texas,USA; Staines,,UK; Miami,Florida,USA; Wichita,Kansas,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Jacksonville,Florida,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Austin,Texas,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Phoenix,Arizona,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; Charlotte,North Carolina,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Newark,New Jersey,USA; Bridgeport,Connecticut,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; New York,New York,USA; Washington,D.C.,USA;
Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States or Remote (North America)
VMware’s Modern Applications Platform Business Unit (MAPBU) has a bold mission—catalyze enterprise transformation through software. At the center of telling this narrative and empowering sales is product marketing.
Product marketing takes a unique combination of skills. To be a product marketer is to be savvy of technology industry dynamics and trends, a messaging expert, a constant collaborator with marketing and go-to-market teams, an enabler of sales, and a creative producer of content that cuts across product positioning to industry commentary.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
You're an experienced product marketer and Kubernetes enthusiast who is ready for the challenge of marketing a completely new approach to building cloud-native applications that’s helping large enterprise companies transform the way they do business. You’ll be at the forefront of modern application development and delivery with VMware Tanzu—connecting our customers to all the great outcomes that move their business forward.
Storytelling is at the heart of what you do. Bringing our technology to life for application and infrastructure engineering teams will be your goal. You’ll be familiar with cloud-native technologies and practices, modern DevOps/DevSecOps practices, and Kubernetes. You will be able to gather all the salient details from multiple product and engineering contacts and synthesize them into clear customer stories that communicate the benefits. In this role, you’ll be responsible for defining messaging, driving sales enablement, feeding campaigns, and collaborating across business units to amplify our value proposition. You are creative, resourceful, and fearless in taking ownership and achieving your goals.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Product positioning. Define and validate the core messaging frameworks for owned products, socialize them across stakeholders, and apply them to a core set of marketing materials. Convincingly tell the Tanzu story to customers, industry analysts, and other key audiences.
● Product launches. Plan and manage minor and major product launches to ensure all content and communication is delivered and meets the goals.
● Sales enablement. Ready our field to carry our messages to market with consistency and confidence through ongoing training and communications. Think critically about what assets, tools, and processes our passionate sales specialists need to hit their targets.
● Content creation. Collaborate cross-functionally to create external-facing content (slide decks, blogs, papers, videos, etc.) aligned to campaigns, sales needs, and competitive threats. Incorporate customer stories whenever you can.
Required Skills & Experience:
● Product Marketing. At least eight (8) years in software and three (3) years of product marketing. You'll need to have seen the full cycle of product launches and transitions to be effective.
● Student. You don’t need to be an expert in DevOps and every aspect of cloud native development, but you’ve got to have the curiosity and desire to dig in and understand technology and its impact.
● Developer/DevOps ecosystems. You’ll need to be familiar with how developers work and DevOps processes—the journey of code to container to customer.
● Storyteller and writer. You’ll need to collaborate with stakeholders across VMware to build the stories that matter. You’ll be able to break down complex concepts into simple and clear terms for sales. Strong written communication will serve you for internal and external content.
● Presentation skills. This isn’t a behind-the-scenes role. The ability to deliver clear and concise training material—supplemented by clean visuals—is critical for this role. You will need to stay in close communication with and present frequently to sales reps and sales leadership.
● Organizer. You’ll need to stay on top of multiple product threads and collaborate with different business units, marketing teams, and sales. Demands for collateral and messaging support will compete for your time; you’ll need to ruthlessly prioritize.
Success in this role will require the development of strong working relationships and interactions with our customers and sales along with product, marketing, and operational groups across VMware.
● Did we mention storytelling? Outstanding narrative and storytelling abilities that inspire product adoption and market momentum.
● SFDC experience. Familiarity with creating reports and dashboards.
● Data analysis. Experience using campaign data and sales data to determine enablement priorities and to measure the effectiveness of your efforts.
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111946