IT Principal Software Engineer
- Limerick, Ireland
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
IT Principal Software Engineer
Location: Limerick, Cork, Dublin or Remote in Ireland
Delivering technology for a changing world calls for a flexible workforce.
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analysing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a IT Principal Software Engineer on our Information Technology team in Ireland.
Dell's Global Ops Organization is hiring Principal Software Engineer who is primarily a Full Stack Developer who can provide solutions and help in implementation using appropriate Software Development technologies. Global Ops Organization caters to the Software Engineering needs of Dell’s manufacturing.
- Analyse business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions for internal and external customers. Designs, evaluates, codes, configures, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements
- Designs, codes, tests, debug and documents software according to Dell’s systems standards, policies and, procedures, security and compliance requirements.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis. Strong Object-oriented programming skills
- Strong software development experience in Java, J2EE, Angular 5 or above, Java Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, REST services, Design patterns and architectures.
- Deep knowledge and experience of PL/SQL using Oracle 12C or higher version.
- 5-8 years of experience in software application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing engineering or computer science
- Good experience in Middleware technology like Kafka, Rabbit MQ and IBM MQ
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: Apply Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Dell-Digital Software-Engineer Job ID: R108545
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Ireland Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.