Senior Principal Software Engineer
- Limerick, Ireland
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Location: Ireland (Limerick, Cork, Dublin OR Remote in Ireland)
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Ireland
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer, you will have full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. You will make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including several intangible factors. You will provide technical expertise in terms of software usage and functional and non-functional aspects. You will be working in Planning domain (Demand and Supply Planning) for Dell’s Supply Chain.
- Have full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. You will make decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including a number of intangible factors. You will provide technical expertise in terms of software usage and functional and non-functional aspects.
- Work with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs, with a span of influence over 3+ features teams.
- Work with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements and obtain a good understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices.
- Support and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- Lead projects, review technical designs, and provide guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions.
- Research, evaluate, and prototype new methodologies, technologies, and products, and will propose and follow through with improvements in processes and tools.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent, with 12+ years of experience in software engineering and proven experience in software design.
- A Full Stack developer with hands-on experience using Java Spring boot along with both technologies of Databases (RDBMS and NoSQL) per robust Cloud Native architecture.
- Strong experience on DevOps with Public or Private Cloud technologies, preferably with Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes Services.
- Experience complex applications and solutioning Cloud Native solutions including designing and implementing solutions of distributed nature (e.g. high-availability, active-active (blue-green), high-scale, high-performance)
- Developing High Level Architecture, design, and providing in depth expertise
- Modern Supply Chain Experience with large implementation
- Experience with platforms like RabbitMQ, Kafka and Spark.
- Experience in presenting ideas, influencing, and build consensus in a group setting.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Closing date: Apply Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Dell-Digital Information-Technology Software-Engineer Engineering Job ID: R106422
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Ireland Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.